What's new

What if your remote doesn't have numbers for Easter Eggs? (1 Viewer)

Brad Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't bothered with the hidden cut of T2 on that disc, but I'd like to access the EEs on the TPM release when it comes out. The only problem is that there are no numbers on the remote that came with my Sony DVP-NS 300 player. Does anyone know if it's still possible to access those eggs? Or do I need another remote?
Easter eggs aren't a huge deal to me, but they're fun to play around with after I've checked out everything else on a disc. It would be annoying if I had to buy another remote just to access them.
Thanks.
- Brad

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
you may want to try out a cheap universal remote that has number buttons on it.. especially a sony one so that it is compatible... even better get the sony av rm2100!!!!!
------------------
"As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."
My DVD List

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Sometimes you'll be able to access the Easter Eggs directly by title...
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Well, I guess you're just screwed, since the DVD authoring community has decided that your disc is a toy, not a movie.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

Brad Cook

Stunt Coordinator
"Sometimes you'll be able to access the Easter Eggs directly by title..."
How does that work?
If that's not an option, I guess I'll pick up a universal remote.
Thanks, folks.
- Brad

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
But don't you need numbers to jump directly to a title/chapter? At least that is how it is on all my toshiba players.

Brad Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, it's never occurred to me to jump directly to a title/chapter. I just go through the scene selection menu to find the one I want. It also never occurred to me that my remote should have numbers until I started reading about the TPM Easter eggs.
I have to admit I'm surprised that a Sony DVD player would come with a remote that doesn't have numbers. It's a $200 player, so I assume that they're probably selling a lot of them. I have a feeling that Sony and 20th Century Fox are going to start hearing from a lot of annoyed customers who don't have numbers on their remotes.
- Brad

Brian Crowe

Stunt Coordinator
To select a title without numbers just hit the 'display' key so the bar pops up at the top of the screen. This is where you can select chapter, title, and sountrack on the fly without going back to the menu. For instance I'm pretty sure that selecting title 3 in T2-UE will get you the super duper extended version.
~Crowe~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks