What did Santa bring you?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by bob ostrander, Dec 25, 2002.

1. bob ostrander

bob ostrander Auditioning

Woke up this morning and what was under my tree? A b&k ref 7270 amp. Needless to say I was shocked as my soon to be wife doesn't "get" my addiction to home theater. So how cool is that. Hope you all enjoy the holidays and that Santa was generous as hell.

2. Stacey_V

Stacey_V Stunt Coordinator

I was pleasantly surprised to find a Marantz SR6300 receiver with my name on it. My initial impressions are very positive. It definitely has the edge over my Yamaha HTR-5170 in improved midrange and musical "details"...I'm hearing things in my CD's that I hadn't heard before. I want to spend a lot more time with it before offering a full review.

Regards,
    Stacey

3. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Got an XBOX, pretty sweet...eps. in full DD. Surprisingly, there's alot good fast and somtimes deep bass in games. My SVS has yet another good use! Happy Holidays!

4. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Yum, a B&K 7270 amp. Thats my favourite. What are you mating it with? and tell us how you like its sound. Talk about a generous wife[​IMG] lucky dude.

5. bob ostrander

bob ostrander Auditioning

Yogi
    Gonna mate the amp with a b&k ref 30 and some M&K s150 speakers. For that deep down base I picked up a M&K mx350 sub. Gotta run now to hook it up and hopefully be blown away.
    [​IMG]

6. Jason F.

Jason F. Stunt Coordinator

Not as good as you all but Santa left me a MX-500 under the tree[​IMG]

7. JimmyA

JimmyA Extra

Got a Panasonic DVD-CP72. I'm embarrased to admit that this is my first DVD player! Let's just say that it's a step or two up from a 4-head VCR!

Since it's the first purchase toward a new HT, I can't comment too much on its abilities. I'm only watching it through the composite connections on my HK AVR30 (circa 1995) and watching it on my 27" Hitachi TV (circa 1991).

8. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

Rotel RB 1070 amplifier[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]