What's new

What are some of the better live concert DVD's released recently ??? (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I picked up Paul McCartney - Live At The Cavern Club last weekend. While the audio and video were quite good (16x9 anamorphic video and DTS 5.1 audio), the concert footage was less than 45 minutes, despite the package indicating a run time of 64 minutes. I was very disappointed in this. :frowning:

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
Being a big Sting and U2 fan, I do recommend Sting's "All This Time" - which is completely anamorphic 1.78 (the documentary and the concert).

Don't know if this counts, but the classic "Rattle and Hum" is a must have. Also, their are a number of good performances on "America: A Tribute to Heroes" (including Sting and U2)

"Moby: Play" is by far my most favorite music DVD - tons of features including a a 90 min. megamix with amazing visuals, and a DVD-ROM feature that lets you remix two of his songs.

jim lupi

Grip
Didnt see it mentioned, did anyone see the G3 concert on DVD featuring steve vai, Satriani, and eric johnson together?

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Has anyone heard the Alice In Chains: Unplugged DVD? I have owned the CD forver, and love the concert itself.
How are the DD 5.1 and the PCM tracks?

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Led Zeppelin: 2 dvd box set that just came out is outstanding! It's fullscreen on some parts but widescreen on other parts - only because that was the film they used at the time. If you have any interest in LedZep go out and buy this masterpeice.

Chet

Rutledge

Stunt Coordinator
I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the Ringo Starr and his New All Star Band DVD. Didn't know that he took a backseat to the other players so much and put them in the limelight.
Rodger Hodgson of Supertramp(remember them) sounded great as did Howard Jones and Sheila E.

My other votes are Sting ....all this time and Diana Krall Live in Paris plus Norah Jones in New orleans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks