What's new

What annoys you? (2 Viewers)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
With not a car behind me, and driving at the 40 mph speed limit, it annoys me how the shmuck pulling out of their driveway feels a need to quickly jump out and cut in front of vehicle; only then to slowly proceed at 25mph for a now longer mile ahead.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
With not a car behind me, and driving at the 40 mph speed limit, it annoys me how the shmuck pulling out of their driveway feels a need to quickly jump out in front of me; only then to slowly proceed at 25mph for the mile ahead.
This often happens to me when I'm considerate and let someone go ahead of me. Almost without fail, they poke along at a snail's pace and I regret having been nice.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
When I went to University in the early 70s I had to drive across town. My parents let me drive their second car provided I drove my mom wherever she wanted too. He also supplied money for gas -- $2.00 a week!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
This often happens to me when I'm considerate and let someone go ahead of me. Almost without fail, they poke along at a snail's pace and I regret having been nice.
I learned years ago to *never* be "nice" when behind the wheel. That said, I *am* occasionally "nice" when it's safe to do so and being "nice" does not have the potential to slow me down in my travels. I've had 2 cars totaled because another driver was "nice." Every time I see another driver being "nice" it's invariably when doing so is a dangerous situation.

"Nice" drivers annoy me...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
When I went to University in the early 70s I had to drive across town. My parents let me drive their second car provided I drove my mom wherever she wanted too. He also supplied money for gas -- $2.00 a week!
That wouldn't be *too* bad - depending on just how far your mom needed to go. I was driving a 1964 Chevy Biscayne (a V8) in those years and could just about fill the tank with $4. In fall 1973 I drove ~50 miles round trip to get from home to college and back. Dad gave me $5/week for gas which *just* covered it. He decided that was too expensive and gas was going up so purchased me a new car. When gas rationing started I was driving a Toyota Corolla (standard transmission because it was more gas efficient) and would pull up to the pump with a "Fill 'er up!" to be told "There's a $5 limit!" - "No problem - even flat empty it won't hold that much!"

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
The marketing of the newest Spider-Man movie. I skipped it in theaters, hoping it would have a short window until home video release (guessed wrong on that one). Surprisingly managed to avoid most major spoilers, unbelievable for a Marvel movie. Up until the time the home video digital release.

I'll put my annoyance in spoilers so I can't be blamed for basically doing this to someone else...even though most folks probably have already figured it out.

Basically, the major selling point in the home video marketing is something that both Marvel and Sony went out of their way to hide and flat out deny during the theatrical marketing.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Even worse is when Amazon packages items that do *not* need to be shipped in one of those in them. Makes for a damaged product. And they then send the replacement in the exact type of package.
Here's how a friend of mine received a vinyl LP from Target recently:

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 4.42.35 PM.png

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I learned years ago to *never* be "nice" when behind the wheel. That said, I *am* occasionally "nice" when it's safe to do so and being "nice" does not have the potential to slow me down in my travels. I've had 2 cars totaled because another driver was "nice." Every time I see another driver being "nice" it's invariably when doing so is a dangerous situation.

"Nice" drivers annoy me...
I have seen courteous drivers endanger people so many times it isn't funny. By being "nice" they create issues that dictate unorthodox methods, and force dozens of other drivers to play by their own set of rules that are usually 99% illegal. Like stopping in the middle of a street to let a car from a parking lot onto the road. No stop light, no stop sign, just illegally stopping in the middle of a busy road to let someone out. Or letting someone out of a parking lot that proceeds to cut across 4 lanes of traffic going the opposite direction. Musch to the dismay of dozens of other drivers.

Not cool, and I'm not mean or inconsiderate. I just don't like to cause traffic illegalities.

I make one exception which is road construction. Which drivers are powerless to ignore. I always "let people in", and I expect the same from them.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
When I go into Target or Walmart and the stocking people just leave baskets full of stock or carts full in Aisles

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
With not a car behind me, and driving at the 40 mph speed limit, it annoys me how the shmuck pulling out of their driveway feels a need to quickly jump out and cut in front of vehicle; only then to slowly proceed at 25mph for a now longer mile ahead.
I’ve had people squall their tires to pull out on the highway in front of me then poke along at a snails pace.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
That I can no longer buy the original Taco flavored Doritos. 😡
We still have this flavor in northern Kentucky. I know there are certain flavors of a name brand product that you can’t find in some areas. Example- the Fritos Chili Cheese flavored corn chips- available here, not available in the Philadelphia area, where I’m originally from.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
In my part of Michigan, I have been looking at store shelves for BBQ Fritos since the early 90's. Nowhere to be found but apparently they still exist in other parts of country.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
In my part of Michigan, I have been looking at store shelves for BBQ Fritos since the early 90's. Nowhere to be found but apparently they still exist in other parts of country.
Pretty sure BBQ Fritos can be found around Philly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks