What's new

What amps are everyone using to power your Aura Pro bass shakers? (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
My Aura Pro Shakers arrived last night. I mounted them all up and tested them out. It seems I don't have enough headroom on my old Sansui amp. Even with the volume all the way up I can barely feel them at my normal listening level. Of course when I crank it up they start shaking real good. At the volume I listen at(-40 on my Yamaha-max) I guess the sub output is very low and doesn't give the amp the input it needs to really drive the shakers. I don't know exactly how much power the amp has but I assume it's at least the 50W the shakers require. What do I do? I can set the speaker levels lower and just use a higher volume, or get a stronger amp. what amps do all of you use to do the job?
Thanks!

Tim Kilbride

Stunt Coordinator
I am using 3 Carver PM300's for my system. L/R - Amp 1, SL/SR - Amp 2, C/Shakers - Amp3...My subs are powered. I run 4 Pro Shakers on one channel and it works great...I get the signal from the LFE output that also feeds my subs. It also gives me a separate volume control on just the shakers (independent of my subs).

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a 120W sub amp from partsexpress.com. It's a sealed unit. I ran the LFE signal fropm the amp with a sub splitter cable, one cable to the sub and another to the sub amp.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I have 6 shakers hooked up in series using 1 channel from my Samson S1000. It's a 500x2 amp so I need watch the gain so don't damage the shakers. I have been powering them the last 3 months and love em.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks