What amps are everyone using to power your Aura Pro bass shakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Nov 13, 2001.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    My Aura Pro Shakers arrived last night. I mounted them all up and tested them out. It seems I don't have enough headroom on my old Sansui amp. Even with the volume all the way up I can barely feel them at my normal listening level. Of course when I crank it up they start shaking real good. At the volume I listen at(-40 on my Yamaha-max) I guess the sub output is very low and doesn't give the amp the input it needs to really drive the shakers. I don't know exactly how much power the amp has but I assume it's at least the 50W the shakers require. What do I do? I can set the speaker levels lower and just use a higher volume, or get a stronger amp. what amps do all of you use to do the job?
    Thanks!

2. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

I am using 3 Carver PM300's for my system. L/R - Amp 1, SL/SR - Amp 2, C/Shakers - Amp3...My subs are powered. I run 4 Pro Shakers on one channel and it works great...I get the signal from the LFE output that also feeds my subs. It also gives me a separate volume control on just the shakers (independent of my subs).

3. Trace Ahlers

Trace Ahlers Stunt Coordinator

I bought a 120W sub amp from partsexpress.com. It's a sealed unit. I ran the LFE signal fropm the amp with a sub splitter cable, one cable to the sub and another to the sub amp.

4. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

I have 6 shakers hooked up in series using 1 channel from my Samson S1000. It's a 500x2 amp so I need watch the gain so don't damage the shakers. I have been powering them the last 3 months and love em.