What's new
World Wide Stereo

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon just dropped the price of The Good Place to $44.99. Their pre-order price guarantee should credit those of us who already pre-ordered with the difference.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Boy, am I glad that I pre-ordered the Onward steelbook as soon as it was made available to reserve. I got my order pickup email and then, out of curiosity, checked the website. It is now "only available for shipping," and they're "getting more soon" for shipment by the 29th. So they have none on hand right now and reserving a copy now for pickup at a store is impossible.

As evidenced by the frequent steelbook sales over the past few months, I think they probably printed too many copies of previous ones, but in this case it appears there is very limited availability. Pretty impressive for a movie that is already streaming on Disney+.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
People with OCD beware: Onward doesn't come with a slipcover. :)

The Target exclusive has one with different artwork instead of being a digipack as they usually are. ;) Of course, you've got to pay a $5 premium for it.

I posted this earlier today in what I thought was this thread, but was actually last week's Roundup thread:

Anyone considering the Target exclusive of Onward might want to check out this unboxing video. I occasionally look at this sort of thing to see inside alternate editions that I'm not getting, and this one is a surprise.

Instead of the customary digipack that Target normally has for their Disney exclusives, this is a fancy slipcover that slides over the standard 4K Blu-ray. Also, the gallery book is an excerpt from The Art of Onward book which is already available in hardcover. So if you were expecting a digipack, be warned, that's not what you're going to get.

This makes me even happier that I opted for the steelbook.

On another note, my copy of Top Gun just arrived from Amazon. I ordered the remastered Blu-ray only version because I'm not 4K equipped. Surprisingly, when I put the digital copy code in, it redeemed in UHD even though I only bought the 1080p version of the disc. Not complaining, but I thought that was unusual.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
My copy of The Good Place arrived. It is in an oversize Blu keepcase with space for all nine discs, but unfortunately the hub on the first tray is broken, which will cause the discs for season one to rattle around loose in there. So I'm asking Amazon to replace it and hope the second copy doesn't have this problem. Anyone else ordering it might want to check yours.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My Walmart has finally returned to selling everything (for the past six weeks, they could only sell "essential" items), and browsing the media area I noticed they'd reduced the blu-ray of Midway to $12.96. Not sure if that's nationwide, but it seems likely.

Also noticed they seem to be stocking a few titles (esp horror) in DVD only. They had a couple horror titles I would have bought, but I could not find a blu-ray (one of which was the new release Brahms: The Boy II).

Also noticed that during the restrictions, they removed the CD section completely and now have vinyl records. :huh: They still have a few CD's, but just on the endcap for new releases.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Just an update: per their website, the Best Buy steelbook of Onward is now completely sold out for both online and store pickup purchases.

Earlier this week, it was listed as "getting more soon" for shipping, but apparently those are all spoken for now.

I'm really glad I pre-ordered it back in March. I feel like they might have ordered less this time around because of the recent catalog steelbooks sticking around so long. It's beautiful and I will treasure it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon just hiked the price of The Good Place to $55 before tax. Considering that it's 53 episodes, that's still not a bad deal. But I'm glad I had this one on pre-order.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I have no idea where to post this since there doesn't seem to be an ARROW VIDEO general thread, a specific thread for Django/Texas Adios and it;s not a release this week, but with the bizarre history of this item I figured it might be useful since no telling how long this listing might last -- could be a week, could be until July. Likely more people will see it hear than if a separate deal thread was started

ARROW VIDEO was going to release a 2 Film DJANGO/TEXAS ADIOS as a standard release in chipboard slipcase and as a Steelbook in Nov/Dec 2018. A few retailers got advance copies and sent them to some of the customers who preordered (a few from Amazon, several from Bullmoose and DiabolikDVD, and a scattered number of sets elsewhere including a few B&M FYE). At the very last instant something happened legally with disputes over who owned US distribution rights and all the items were pulled back, orders cancelled, some orders in transit were even reversed and sent back to the retailer. This item has been one of those Ebay Vulture Specialty items selling for several hundred dollars to those willing to fork out the dough.

APPARENTLY, something has changed and Amazon has placed a new Pre-order with release date of June 30, 2020. Nobody else has this listed included a couple of US companies that specialize in Arrow and nothing I can find from ARROW on the subject so could be real, could be Memorex, could be an Amazon triple fake (they have put these on order in error a couple times in the last year, but never shipped any)

Prices are currently at MSRP of $49.95, but hopefully if this is real and they are finally going to be able to sell out those Stored Copies it may drop prior to release

Django + Texas Adios (Double Feature) [Blu-ray] (2-Disc Limited Edition)

Django + Texas Adios (Western Double Feature) [Blu-ray] 2-Disc Limited Edition SteelBook

Got a notice the copy I ordered on May 17th shipped today. Suppose to be here Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks