What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Damn Yankees – 1958
full

– The War Wagon – 1967
full

– The Beguiled – 2017
full

– Crossfire – 1947
full

– The Last Remake of Beau Geste – 1977
full

– Céline and Julie Go Boating – 1974

The Prices

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We continue our push to the great spring season release of new titles...

Damn Yankees is one of those releases that I've been waiting for "forever!" :D I hope you all find titles that you've been longing for.

And there are more great titles coming shortly.

Get ready! Safe shopping!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

What is new on this release of The Beguiled? I know that had a previous Blu-ray release in 2017 when it was new. I'm also pretty sure Driving Miss Daisy has already been on Blu-ray as well. So what's new on the Warner Archive release?

I liked Promising Young Woman and would recommend it as a rental for anyone who might be interested, but I don't feel the need to pay $24.99 for it.

So I don't think I'm getting any discs next week. But that's fine. The week after next has a big purchase in Soul, so I'm perfectly happy not to spend anything right now.

Also, anyone interested in the Whisper of the Heart steelbook should be aware that the disc content should be identical to the previous Gkids/Shout Factory release of the title. The only new feature of this release is the steelbook packaging.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Mike. Believe it or not, I have never seen Damn Yankees. I think I will wait for a Warner Archive sale to pick it up, along with Crossfire, which I have on DVD.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

I'll have the review for Crossfire up this afternoon and the one for Damn Yankees tomorrow.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Mike. Believe it or not, I have never seen Damn Yankees. I think I will wait for a Warner Archive sale to pick it up, along with Crossfire, which I have on DVD.

I hope your plan works out, Scott. I guess this weekend's WA 4/$44 sale is their last with their current partner and they are moving on to a new partner and there is speculation those particular sales may be over. But we'll see.

Damn Yankees isn't a perfect film but it's a good one nevertheless. Peg and I have seen numerous local productions of DY and the film helps us recall what we liked so much about each of those productions. But that's not to say that there's not an awful lot to like about the 1958 film, too. Can't wait to hear your opinion when you finally see it! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Huh. I just realized my Damn Yankees pre-order on Amazon is projecting an April 9th delivery.

Anyone else seeing anything like that?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Mike!

What is new on this release of The Beguiled? I know that had a previous Blu-ray release in 2017 when it was new. I'm also pretty sure Driving Miss Daisy has already been on Blu-ray as well. So what's new on the Warner Archive release?
I think it's another of those rereleases where than pull the Digital

The WAC release is pretty much a repressing and switch from the old Digibook and now under the WAC umbrella. Most of their other 15-20re-releases have mostly been the same exact disc (or repressed identical files).

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
We continue our push to the great spring season release of new titles...

Damn Yankees is one of those releases that I've been waiting for "forever!" :D I hope you all find titles that you've been longing for.

And there are more great titles coming shortly.

Get ready! Safe shopping!
The Amazon link to "The War Wagon" in Weekly Roundup does not bring up The War Wagon disc. Tried it twice.

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
The Amazon link to the Blu-ray of "The War Wagon" disc brings up "The Parish" Blu-ray.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Amazon link to "The War Wagon" in Weekly Roundup does not bring up The War Wagon disc. Tried it twice.

Many thanks, Doug!

Not only have I fixed that link now...but I also dropped the Amazon price $2 since that's their new price on Amazon.com!

:thumbs-up-smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.