What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Bride of Frankenstein – 1935
full

– Talk to Me – 2022
full

– It Came From Outer Space – 1953
full

– Edison: Invention of the Movies – 2005

full

– Run Silent, Run Deep – 1958

full

– Neither Confirm Nor...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It’s not like this hasn’t happened before, but it doesn’t happen often—and that’s when the number of featured 4k/UHD releases outpaces the combined number of featured Blu-ray and DVD titles!

Some really good stuff listed in this week’s grid. Be sure to check out ALL the titles.

Safe shopping, RoundUppers! :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Prey, at some point.

Already bought the blu-ray of The Black Phone last year. Don't need the 4K at this point. Not sure what this trend is of releasing DVD/blu-ray, then holding back the 4K until a year later. Hard to believe there are that many people willing to double dip that quickly.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Like you, Malcolm, I bought The Black Phone Blu-ray last year. It's a decent thriller and was a solid blind buy, IMO. However, I see little point in double-dipping on a 4K "upgrade." I suspect any enhancements will be minimal at best.

Otherwise for me, I'm waiting on the 4K essential collector's edition of It Came From Outer Space to arrive from Amazon.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Prey, at some point.

Already bought the blu-ray of The Black Phone last year. Don't need the 4K at this point. Not sure what this trend is of releasing DVD/blu-ray, then holding back the 4K until a year later. Hard to believe there are that many people willing to double dip that quickly.
Yeah, I really enjoyed The Black Phone and bought the Blu-ray when it came out. I would have bought the 4K if it had been offered at the same time but I'm not buying it again 15-ish months later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks