What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/21 (The Man With The Hat Is HERE!) (1 Viewer)

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Hmmm, interesting. My local *ahem* "nationwide retailer" apparently unwittingly broke street on the Dick van Dyke sets, because when I bought my Lion King from there a couple days after its release, they had them out. I thought something was odd about it, and didn't think much of it except "Hmmm I'll have to see if I can get them anywhere else cheaper" and forgot. I think I'll try picking them up this week, and use the $20 towards Indy WS. :D

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea what the price at BJs will be, but they have a whole bunch of inexpensive (probably) Paramount DVDs including The Dead Zone and Chinatown which have $5 coupons off of the Indy set when bought at BJs.

Neil

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if Toys R Us is running any specials on Indy? They have been known to have some decent promo offers on big releases. Just recently, they had a deal where if you bought "The Lion King" for $19.99, you could get a second Disney DVD for an additional $5. I was able to get "The Lion King" and "Sleeping Beauty" for a little over $25. I remember getting AOTC there for $10 when that came out.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well Indy for me. BG if I can find some extra $$ as well.

I am gonna do the BB thing for Indy and one thing is for sure I not leaving BB until I get the PM to Eckerd. I am going to buy it first and then go back for the PM, should less of a problem that way. I know that they are gonna say its not a competitor of ours, that its on the FS version as thats what is in the ad, ours comes with the Bonus disc and theirs doesn't so its not the same thing. I am sure they will use all of these, but I will very persistent in this PM!!

Thanks DAVE!!

Greg

Alex S

Second Unit
Thanks David !

I've got my Eckerd ad and I'm going to CC, Wal-Mart then BB to try and price match it for $34.99.

:)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm not put off at all by the prices on Indy. For ~$45 at both Best Buy and Target it works out to $15 per film, even less if you factor in the 4th disc. To me that's a pretty screamin' deal, particularly considering the work that Paramount has put into this release. And hey, it's INDIANA JONES! How long have we all been drooling to have these movies on DVD? Come on people, quit yer bitchin'.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
28 Days Later and Indiana Jones for me. Thanks again.
Ditto! And thanks for the tip on Eckerd's! I have one two blocks away and I'll be sure to go snag one of their sales flyers! :emoji_thumbsup:

I can only imagine how many houses will be blaring the Indy Theme this Tuesday night. :)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
All of you with a Fry's it looks like the $39.99 price is good. It's on their website at that price and if you click on Advertised specials it shows up there for sure at $39.99.

Greg

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Anyone know of any good B&M deals on the new Rush concert disc? No online seller has it for less than about $20.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Some prices from my local Wal-Mart for tomorrow's stuff:

$17.08 - 28 Days Later **BEST PRICE**
$46.82 - Adv/Indy Jones
$15.18 - Batman: Myst/Batwoman **BEST PRICE**
$75.98 - Battlestar Galactica **BEST PRICE**
$ 5.88 - Captain Kronos **BEST PRICE**
$15.18 - Charlie's Angels Full Throttle (RATED VERSION ONLY!)
$43.68 - Dark Angel Season 2 (only BEST PRICE if not a Sam's member)
$52.24 - Dick Van Dyke Show S1 or S2 (the store may or may not get this)
$66.49 - Forever Knight Pt. 1 **BEST PRICE**
$ 5.88 - Frankenstein & Monster/Hell **BEST PRICE**
$18.99 - George of the Jungle 2
$42.74 - Hercules S2 (the store may or may not get this) **BEST PRICE**
$47.48 - Incredible Hulk TV collection **BEST PRICE**
$43.68 - Law & Order: CI **BEST PRICE**
$43.68 - Law & Order: SVU **BEST PRICE**
$85.48 - Taken (only BEST PRICE if not a Costco member)

With Capt. Kronos and FatMfH both being in the $5.88 bin, I was hoping that Dragonslayer would also be there. He's not sure if they've got that one or not, or what price it would be if they do have it. Right now all this stuff is packed back up and waiting for tomorrow to be put out.

Your milage WILL vary. Remember, these prices are set on a store-by-store basis. Use this as a guideline only: if your Wal-Mart store tends to be the same or cheaper than mine, then you can plan from here. Personally, I intend to give them about $200-ish worth of business tomorrow, based on these prices!

Keep in mind on Hercules that Best Buy will probably have exclusive supplements on their version, so pay $2 more for those if possible (if you want them).

Oh, and BB already has a WS Indy w/bonus disc on hold for me! ;)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Oh, and BB already has a WS Indy w/bonus disc on hold for me!
Helps to know people in places, huh!!! I actually have my wife and 2 kids getting to BB early tommorrow to get my set and Bonus Disc for me, hey some of us have to make the $$ to spend on these dam DVDs!!

I may be forced to add another item to my list of buys for the week and that is the Incredible Hulk set. The set has some really nice episodes on it and with the 2 $10 off coupons in it that were mentioned earlier ($10 off BG, and $10 off The Hulk) it basically makes the set about $30 and kind of a no brainer IMHO.

CRAP that makes my total about $160 this week ($150 if I can get the Eckerd PM)

Greg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Must be your meeting with the manager went OK after the coupon shredding incident then? I'm still not speaking to my BB. :angry: I went DVD shopping at Wal-Mart instead last weekend. And with them beating all prices on "Matrix Reloaded" and all the $5.88 deals, I didn't miss BB much at all. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I can say that I came out ahead on that deal. I'd rather not go into the details.
What? Were you sworn to secrecy or else double-secret probation? :D

Honestly, Dave, I think it would be instructive to at explain that a calm discussion with the store manager paid off for you in-the-here-and-now and probably for the future as well.

Unless that's not how things went down. Do you need the phone number of a good bail bondsman? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks