What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-6-2009 (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I made it to BestBuy at 10am and got Galactified with their exclusive edition of season 4.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I went online at 10:00 and ordered one for in-store pickup at lunchtime.

I picked it up at lunch and before I even left the counter I took it out of the bag and pointed out that it was not the BB Exclusive version that I had ordered. He went out onto the sales floor and came back with the right one. Luckily they had enough copies to last at least that long.

Jimmy!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

That's wild. You sure those weren't the regular edition? My store (the store near me) got the minimum allotment of 8 of the Best Buy editions. I only saw 6 on display but their ads promised each store would get a minimum of 8, so I figure there were 8 somewhere.

Then again my store got zero of Crank BR when it was on sale for $12.99.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just based on previous BB exclusives, I figured that they would have 15 or 20 copies at most but they were all over the place (the new release wall, another wall of new and recent titles, the TV section and a standing rack in the middle of the aisle).

John Swarce

Second Unit

Cripes, a few weeks ago I STILL called him "Dave" in one of my posts!:laugh: Old habits are hard to break!

Thanks as always, Mike and Patrick, for all your hard work on the Round-up each week. I will be the first one to vote for a raise for you! How about double what we paid you last year???:D

Just BSG 4.0 for me this week from Best Buy. I picked it up today and was surprised that after the dogtags are taken out of the box, there is quite a gap in the packaging. I took out the slimcase of Razor, and my two disc Razor set with slipcover slid into the box nicely! So I will probably donate the other Razor to a friend.

--John

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Sad...but true!

If you refer back to my second post of this thread (about the $12.99 titles at Best Buy)...here's an update. Many of those same titles can be had for $10.00 at Wal-Mart. This was initially discussed in the HD Bargain thread in the HD Software forum. I was in a Wal-Mart last night and can confirm the following titles are on sale for $10 even:

Crash
The Punisher
Rambo I
Rambo II
Rambo III
Reservoir Dogs
Saw I
Saw II
Stargate
Terminator 2
Total Recall
Young Guns

It's kinda like the dawning of a new $10 HD bin @ Wal-Mart! Except on a shelf! :D

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I was in Greeley, CO and when I stopped in at one of the biggest retail stores, I saw Pineapple Express DVD for 13.99 and Righteous Kill for 11.99. They had a few other new release DVD's for 12.99 as well as some for 14.99. If you are in the area, and want to pick up the new releases at an INSANE price, check out the big retailer.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:confused:

Shad: Who's the retailer? It's okay to name names here...as long as it's not before the Sunday flyers are released or if the retailer is breaking street date. .

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Serenity BluRay is still sold out at Target! It was gone from Tuesday late-morning on at my local one. And Whedon fans from other parts of the country say the same thing. This title would have been a best-seller if they'd shipped enough.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
The Wal-Mart by the mall. I didn't think I could say that, and I guess my hints sucked. That Wal-Mart usually has 12-15 dollar new releases on the week they come out and sometimes even the week after. So check there if you are in that area.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Awesome. Thanks!

Here in the East (specifically the metro-NY area) there is a retailer who's actually been out of business for years...but is still well-known and oft-quoted for a series of TV commercials in the '80s & '90s in which an obnoxious pitchman described their prices as "insaaaaaaaaaane!"

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Unfortunately, though, Wal-Mart practices regional pricing based on local competition. My store is basically the only major retailer for 40 miles, so they never sell new DVD releases for less than $19.99.

If I drive 40 miles to their store that competes with a nearby Best Buy and Circuit City, only then can I get the good prices. :frowning:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh: Oh no...has Billy Fuccillo (used car dealer for all you folks not "in" on the inside joke) invaded Glens Falls?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks