WB: Thanks for subtitles on Battle over Citizen Kane

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mikah Cerucco, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

Whether the English subtitles (captions) were already available or you had to pay for them to be transcribed, thanks for including them on the DVD of Citizen Kane. Very often extras aren't subtitled, even when I plainly seem them available for TV viewings.

My DVD viewing was the first time I've seen this film and the documentary did just what it was supposed to do -- increase the enjoyment even more.

2. Mikah Cerucco

I just finished watching "Empire of the Sun" and that's how not to do it. There's a documentary there that includes interviews with the real guy who lived the story. There are no English Subtitles for the documentary, even though there are subtitles for Chinese, Tai, Japanese, Portuguese, and Korean. Apparently whoever is responsible for this can't seem to answer the question "why would people who speak English need English subtitles?" [​IMG]

3. PienSavaca

PienSavaca Stunt Coordinator

4. Mikah Cerucco

The frustrating thing about Empire of the Sun is not only does it not have English Subtitles, but it doesn't have Closed Captions either.

But at least they did Citizen Kane right.