What's new

Warning to Klipsch owners and Tweeter customer service. (1 Viewer)

John Giddens

Stunt Coordinator
I had to have my Klipsch RF-3's repaired from Tweeter, they had to do some warranty work on them, the mid range speakers went bad, and Klipsch told me to take the speakers to them. After three weeks went by they finally got my speakers back. When they were loading the speakers into my truck I noticed the finish on the speakers were all torn up, chunks of the laminate were missing. My speakers were not in that condition when I brought them to the store. I told them to take the speakers back inside and I asked to speak to the manager. He was out to lunch so I had to wait 20 minutes. When he got back I explained the situation, he looked at the damage, and then he went to their computer to look at the paper work. After a few minutes his only two solutions was to refund my money or have me pay the difference for a new set of RF-3 2's, a three hundred dollar difference. My RF-3's were discontinued. I told him that his solutions were not satisfactory, I came in with a set of RF-3's undamaged except for the blown drivers, and I expected to leave with RF-3's repaired and undamaged. His response to me then was he could try and find another set of RF-3's series I to which I added he could try and contact Klipsch to see if they would refinish them. After waiting two weeks on him to see if he could find another pair of RF-3's or if Klipsch would refinish the speakers, he decided without contacting me, to send them back to their repair center. When I went back to the store to inspect them, the only thing the repair center did was shoot some black paint over the spots they damaged. The paint isn't an exact match but you can only tell if you look at the paint at a particular angle. I told him I still wasn't satisfied with the fact that chunks of wood were still missing from some corners and various edges of the speakers, to which his response went right back to refund my money or have me pay the difference for a new set of RF-3 2's. So now I have to live with the damaged finish on the speakers or no speakers. They did fix the damaged speakers though.

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
Why didn't you take the full refund? That seems like a pretty good offer if you ask me. In the absence of another pair of speaker like yours (since it's a discontinued model), what exactly did you want them to do?

--Steve

David Judah

Screenwriter
I would ask him to give me the series 2 or at least split the difference of the series 2 with me for compensation for what they had done.

That is not unreasonable, IMO.

DJ

John Giddens

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,
As far as taking the refund is concerned, that would have left me close to $100.00 not including shipping shy of getting a new set of RF-3II's over the internet, or over $300 difference through Tweeter and since I have a full reference set all around I can't just get a cheaper speaker. As far as what I wanted them to do, I originally wanted them not to damage my speakers:) , short of that at least work with me since he couldn't restore the speakers to their previous condition, which he wouldn't.
David,
I agree, but he wouldn't budge on the price difference. I tried getting him to come down on the RF3II's but he was real stubborn about it.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
I would ask for the number of the distric manager and complaint to him. I would tell the distric manager that you want your spakers the way there were and a refund is not acceptable nor is spending $300.00 to fix something you did not do.

When dealing with retail stablishments it is best to talk to the distric manager, they don't like to get call's like these.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks