War & Remembrance on 10/29

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Aug 8, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/08_09.html
    Then on 10/29 comes The Winds of War sequel War & Remembrance, featuring the entire 953-minute miniseries spread across six discs and presented in full frame and 2.0 Dolby stereo. Extras include the "The Making Of War And Remembrance" documentary, the "War And Remembrance: A Living History" featurette, and interviews. Retail is $129.95 for the set.
    absolutely great that this is coming out, however, it is difficult choosing which dvds you want to buy at the moment
    [​IMG]

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

This has been known to be coming for quite some time (Aug. of last year!). Good to see we finally have specs and a release date. [​IMG]
    I know someone who's gonna snap this up in a second. Possibly 2-3 people, actually.

3. Ken S.

Ken S. Auditioning

Great...but if only those who control Winds of War could get their act together so that could be released as well.

4. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I completely agree, it is sort of ludicruous to get the sequel before the original.
    only in america
    [​IMG]

5. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    I seem to remember reading somewhere a few months ago that "The Winds Of War" is tied up in some complicated rights issues, and that it could be a LONG time before they are straightened out.

Maybe Dave has more info on this??

6. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    This one will have to wait, because of all the others releases over the following two weeks.

I don't know if I care whether or not the first miniseries comes out. Remembrance, in my mind, is superior, primarily because of the presence of much better actors in the roles of Byron, Natalie and Aaron.

7. David Lambert

It sounds right, but I don't have any details handy. Perhaps Gord or some other HTF member does.

8. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

David or Gord
    since you are the tv man, do you know anything about a mini series called Goliath Awaits ? People living on a sunken ship and one of Christopher Lee's greatest role imo
    [​IMG]

9. David Lambert

Recall the show, never saw it personally, have heard nothing of a DVD release. I expect bigger miniseries like Masada and Rich Man Poor Man and so forth to be quicker to come out, frankly. But anything's possible.
    Check the Internet Movie DataBase to see who put it out way back when, and write to them and ask! [​IMG]

10. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

David
    You're the man.
    [​IMG]

11. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

David, "Rich Man Poor Man" is available as a R2 release. What are the complicated rights issues that are keeping "Winds of War" in limbo? I will be buying "War & Remembrance" when i can get my little hands on it. I'd love to see "Masada" & "Thorn Birds" released one day soon.[​IMG]

12. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Again, is there anyone with intimate knowledge of the rights issues that are keeping "Winds of War" in limbo?