What's new

Walmart surprises (1 Viewer)

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
I was at my local Walmart store yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see a rack with DVDs that had price tags on them for $5.88 each...
I snagged a couple
Pacific Heights, with Michael Keaton
Trial & Error, with Jeff Daniels
While not earth shattering movies but for me I liked them pretty good and at that price...not sure what their thinking was but as I stood there staring I turned around expecting a flood of people to rush over to the rack, I thought, Don't People See This?
So, just a heads up, take a drive and see if there is a dvd that you might want to add to your library, at that price hard to say no!
G2

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Yep, Wal-Mart is truly exciting...I found Kingpin for $9.44, and I was thinking of ordering it online that week!

SteveA

Supporting Actor
They're probably trying to get rid of all their widescreen stock to make room for the new pan-and-scan releases from Disney!

StephenA

Screenwriter
I noticed this at my local Wal-Mart too, but didn't get any DVDs at the 5.88 rack. I did get Volcano and Ghostbusters for 10 dollars each and Blade for 15, which I thought was a great deal. Could be wrong though.

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I was there the day they put the $5.88 rack up and they had Logan's Run on it. Needless to say, the next day, the rack was more than half empty and all the Logan's Run's were gone. And I payed $15 bucks at Best Buy a while back. Oh well, it's a GREAT deal at $5.88!

Brad Eisenhauer

Stunt Coordinator
My SO and I saw the $5.88 rack near the checkout of our Wal-Mart Supercenter. As I was loading the groceries on the conveyor, she was the one hunched down looking for anything interesting. And I thought I was the one with the addiction.;)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I believe most titles you found were likely Warner or MGM?

They are clearing out the old P&S (studios, not Wally)titles which were released in 1997-1998 era. Don't know if they are going OOP or remakes in the works? I picked up a couple of titles a few months back and all were P&S. They did have some $9.99 Widescreen MGM titles around Christmas.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Shadowlands (which is widescreen, despite no mention of it on the package) and Don Juan DeMarco (which is both widescreen and P&S) are also $5.88 at one of the local Wal-Marts. They also had several copies of Logan's Run left.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I picked up Hoosiers for $8.44, and Starman for $9.44, as well as Red Dawn for $7.00. They had a huge array of titles with a sign "$5 and Less" I ought to sort through those..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks