What's new

von Sternberg/Dietrich films coming....to France! (1 Viewer)

Danny Burk

Second Unit
I read today in the UK-based www.thedvdforums.com that a group of Dietrich films, including all the von Sternberg titles, is to be released in France by Universal France.

What's wrong here? Univerval is releasing R2 sets of Sturges and Mae West in R2 (UK), and now this whole group of titles...in France. Yet we have NOTHING announced in R1. Just take a look at the titles coming to France on 6 December:

A Foreign Affair (1948)
Golden Earrings (1947)
Pittsburgh (1942)
The Flame of New Orleans (1941)
Seven Sinners (1940)
The Devil Is a Woman (1935)
The Scarlet Empress (1934)
The Song of Songs (1933)
Blonde Venus (1932)
Shanghai Express (1932)
Dishonored (1931)
Morocco (1930)

I'd just as soon buy R1 versions if they were available, but I'm guessing that Amazon.fr is going to have my order before long :angry:

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Wowwww 12 Dietrich titles in one month. I do hope Universal releases those in R1. At least they are putting these out on dvd...though not in USA.
But my 2 favorite Dietrich movies (Angel and Desire) are not in the list :frowning:
Ok, I know they are lesser titles, but I really wanted them in my dvd collection.
Now, does anyone know wich titles are part of the Barbara Stanwyck Collection that Universal/Sony are releasing in R2 next month? I hope they took the time to put on the box new-to-dvd titles like Remember the Night, Golden Boy, California and others.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It's probably because Universal is trying to find some way to cram all of these titles on to one, or two discs at best. I'm sure we'll get them then, but I'll pass and keep my VHS copies.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In the UK, there are two 'crossover labels' on you'll find both Columbia and Universal movies; one is the self explanatory UCA (Universal Columbia Alliance) Catalogue, the other is 4 Front Video, but basically both labels are a partnership between Sony and Universal. You guys go here, you'll see a slew of mouth-watering box sets upcoming from 4 Front in the UK...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks