What's new

Vizo or Klipsch? Opinions (1 Viewer)

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
Dislike my vizo 42b 5.1 system. Limted options/settings. Im getting ready to return. Love Klipsch...

I think im going to purchase 2 Klipsch, Rb 61ii and RC 61 ii running them as a 3.0 with a mid level receiver. Be a better start? Plan on getting back speakers soon and sub when buget allows. Room 12x17...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks... Looking for the WoW factor.

Wow... missed spelled Klipsch! LOL

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
Also I just bought A Samsung 65h7150, trying to find a stand that could accommodate the Rc 61 ii center. It's 23.5 x 8 12.5

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Those are efficient speakers, so pretty much any AVR will provide enough power to make your ears bleed.

What sources you got?

Looking for "as cheap as possible "...or?

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
I dont yet. Was looking at possibly Yamaha RX-V677... Was wondering do these speakers have adequate mid/bass. Lows?

Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
dave6284 said:
I dont yet. Was looking at possibly Yamaha RX-V677... Was wondering do these speakers have adequate mid/bass. Lows?

Thanks!
Adequate is a matter of opinion. I use floorstanders in all 6 main positions in my main theatre. My living room and office also have 4 tower speakers(with the office technically having a center tower).

The 2nd house(main house is 6000sf and shared, I have my own 2nd house a few miles away) the downstairs is 5 Wharfedale W60e.

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
I have pair of Diamond 10.1 in my Bedroom love them... I kept reading that the RB 61 and especially Rc center is dynamic and punchy. I like bright speakers. No stores around here have them to audition. Thats why Im asking...

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
2nd House?! Twice the size of mine. Modest 2700sf... But I might have ya on the dual can openers in my kitchen drawer. LoL

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The main house(we, combined, own 700 acres of farm) was my uncles. He had this house...along with his own house in Bloomington.

Long story...

His wife's brother got sick. He stepped in to take financial control of the farm(we don't farm it. We lease it). My uncle suffered a stroke 7 years ago. My cousin and her husband moved up here(were planning it anyway). He's a doctor(cash to update things).

My cousin's husband thought she would handle the farm. Ha. Laziest woman on the planet. No kids and she wants a maid. Not kidding, if it doesn't involve swiping plastic...she has zero interest.

I moved up there into the house(the house is set up with three separate living quarters and two full kitchens. Mainly cause the original family member had two of his adult children(with their spouse/kids) around to help.

Anyway I moved up here to provide cash to upgrade the maintenance facility(we employ two mechanics to provide low cost maintenance to the farmers). I own 40%.

2 years ago...my cousin and her husband were going through strife...I got tired of it...bought my own house. Yet still manage(mainly financially) the goings on on the properties...cause she is just that lazy...to do nothing.

Put it this way. She bought new living room furniture, didn't tell him or me. Couldn't be bothered to actually answer the door for the delivery people(wouldn't get out of bed). So...he had to cancel his afternoon patients the next day...to be home.

Sometimes things sound cooler than reality...and my gf and my cousin around each other is like a cat fight ready to happen. My gf actually slapped her(to my amusement and her husband's amusement) when she suggested that my gf "become the maid"(my gf is a helicopter mechanic in the military...to wit my cousin acted like..."yuck...a mechanic...").

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I'm not sure how to respond after that Sam.

OP before you invest into Klipsch make sure you like the sound of the horn tweeter. Any Bestbuy should give you the chance to hear them. I say this because most people either love or hate the horn tweeters. You'll want to make sure you're in the first camp before spending money on them.

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
I liked how the 3rd reference series sounded. Btw I also like kinda bright speakers.

Didn't realize quit how big the RC 62 II really is!

Now, I gotta try and find a good stand for it. Placed the order for them last night.

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
Thank you...

Now I'm trying to find a descent AVR...

Any thoughts? Worried about HDMI pass through.

Wants:

Preferably audyssey
Wi-Fi
Sub eq
MHL
app control
BT
Mult Eq
Good dac

Enough power: Klipsch/ 2 Rb-61, 1 RC-62, 2 RS-42 ii.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Those are efficient speakers. Doubt you'll ever send them more than 15 watts.

Anything that starts X(and not E) in Denon. As Denon and Marantz are all there is with Audyssey.

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
You think I would be able to get by with the Marantz NR1403? I could go with out all the bell's and whistles of other av's. Just worried about sound quality. Thoughts?

Thanks...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
dave6284 said:
I also read about the Denon having hdmi problems....
99.999999% of HDMI problems is people not reading the owners manual.

Everything is based on EDID(don't know what EDID is...look it up)

If you don't unplug everything from the wall, it won't work. EDID is the basis for the HDMI handshake.

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
Anybody? Sub under $300 60% HT 40% music...

Will be going with Klipsch reference Rb-61 and RC-62 ii...

P.s well upgrade in months. Just something to get me buy.

Thanks.

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
Pl-200 better than F12 right same family? Dont know anything about the NXG.

Klipsch hg 12? Any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks