What's new

Vizio T.V.s- any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on Vizio tvs, especially their Plasmas and LCDs?

Thanks guys

zmurphy

Grip
Real Name
Zach
i installed one for a customer ( i think it was a 42" or 50" plasma) after setting up the cable box correctly and being connected with a nice set of component cables, it looked great! Vizio makes nice low/mid grade plasmas and lcds for very good prices.

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
The 50" plasma gets good reviews. The 42" don't get as good of reviews. I didn't look at their LCDs because I think LCD flatpanels are crap vs Plasma.

WildBill

Auditioning
Real Name
Billy Keller
We just watched the super bowl on our new vizio 50 plasma and it was great.
I bought it at Sams for $1688 but could have purchased it for $1350 but wanted the option to bring it back up to 3mos. My original mind set was the vizio 47 LCD because I heard it was the best. Some threads are saying that everyone that purchased the vizio 46in LCD is taking them back for the 47 because of the up grade in quality and picture. I really like the Plasma so now I am undecided on wheather I really want to go to the trouble of packing up this 50 and taking it back.

We have direct tv but receive the local channels with an off air antenna and it looks great. I route the off air through my dir tv receiver and it picks up the HD and puts them in the guide so I can record them.

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
LCD flatpanel sucks vs plasma IMO. Unless you pay extra for the Sony Bravia or Sharp Aquos, and then it's simply a push vs plasma.

over 42", plasma all the way.

I've gone and looked at the vizio 50" some since this post, and I would pay extra to get the Phillips 50". MUCH better picture IMO. Way better blacks and overall sharpness.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks