Viva Las Vegas - 16x9 WS? Can the DVD Compare to the Film Print...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DaViD Boulet, Aug 13, 2002.

1. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Feb 24, 1999
    Just saw this film print projected on the "mall" in DC last night by the monument (part of some Elvis week celebration). Wow. Those lushous colors and velvety-looking smoothness had me really wondering if the DVD could look anywhere as good. I was wondering if *HD* could look this good, for that matter. I don't know what color technology was used for this film but whatever it was the result on the outdoor screen last night was astonishing: rich, vibrant, candy (moulin rouge had this affect in the theater as well). that I've gushed about the film print, what am I to expect from the current DVD? Is it WS? Is it 16x9? Does it boast a transfer to compare in any way with the pristine blemesh-free/grain-free gorgeous picture that I saw on the big screen last night? Is it a horrid 4x3 lbxed or PS transfer from some out-dated video master? With a print as good as I saw last night being circulated it would be a crime if it wasn't used to master the DVD!!!

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Dec 20, 1999
    Peter Apruzzese
    The film was originally in MteroColor, so this was obviously a brand-new print if it looked that good.
    It's going to be playing here in New Jersey next weekend - as noted in my post here:
    I hope it's the same print you saw! Sorry, I don't know how the DVD looks.
  3. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

May 7, 2001
    Doug Bull
    Sad to say that the DVD is not Anamorphic.