What's new

Viva Las Vegas - 16x9 WS? Can the DVD Compare to the Film Print... (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Just saw this film print projected on the "mall" in DC last night by the monument (part of some Elvis week celebration). Wow. Those lushous colors and velvety-looking smoothness had me really wondering if the DVD could look anywhere as good. I was wondering if *HD* could look this good, for that matter. I don't know what color technology was used for this film but whatever it was the result on the outdoor screen last night was astonishing: rich, vibrant, saturated...like candy (moulin rouge had this affect in the theater as well).

So...now that I've gushed about the film print, what am I to expect from the current DVD? Is it WS? Is it 16x9? Does it boast a transfer to compare in any way with the pristine blemesh-free/grain-free gorgeous picture that I saw on the big screen last night? Is it a horrid 4x3 lbxed or PS transfer from some out-dated video master? With a print as good as I saw last night being circulated it would be a crime if it wasn't used to master the DVD!!!

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks