What's new

Viewsonic NextVision N6 (1 Viewer)

Leo

Second Unit
Now here's an interesting product:
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/vi...xtvisionn6.htm
Simply plug and play with the ViewSonic NextVision N6 video processor and turn any display into a high-definition, full-screen TV and multimedia entertainment center. With a built-in NTSC TV tuner and multiple video connections for extras like a DVD player, digital camera, VCR, HDTV set-top box or game console like PS2, GameCube or Xbox, you can work, play, channel surf, watch movies and more at the touch of a button.
Hmmm, hook up XBox, Gamecube, PS2. :) The possibilities.
Interesting enough, it doesn't state the number of connections it supports, as far as I can see on the site.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Viewsonic have been selling boxes like this for a while - I know Rob Lutter has one.

According to the specs, it's got
F connector for RF, 3.5mm mini stereo jack for audio in and audio out. RCA left/right for audio in, component video (YPbPr), S-video, composite (RCA), 15-pin mini D-sub for RGB input and RGB output, front headphone 3.5mm
I wouldn't get TOO excited about it - it's just an upscaler, it's not going to give wonderful results. But it'll be better than the nasty PS2/Xbox line doublers out there.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
This looks to be the same thing as the box I have... but with a component input. HMMMMM. I might have to check this baby out, I am VERY happy with the Viewsonic XGA scaler I have now (plus I got it CHEAP ;) ). If you live in an 8 by 14 foot space like I do at college, ya don't have much room for both a TV and a monitor... one of these devices is a LIFE-SAVER if you have a 19"+ monitor!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks