What's new

Veep - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The debates were great. I was surprised and disappointed that Jonah is under 5% and had to debate in the lower tier debate.
I was just happy that I've listened to enough Simpsons audio commentaries that I was able to hear Tom Gammill (former writer on Seinfeld with Dave Mandel) as the guy in the debate wearing the magician's hat.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
So speculation based on what we know, how is it going to end? Selena winning the presidency and then getting impeached due to being accused of collaborating with the Chinese? Jonah winning the presidency?

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
7x04 South Carolina

Wow, my head is spinning. This is the best episode of this season so far. So many things happened, so many laughs, you had no time to breath.

Mike going into the Chinese embassy and the guy coming from the back room made me laugh so hard when I realized the collusion plot is starting. It is even funnier when Mike doesn't get it.

Question, why Kellyanne, sorry, I mean Amy left Selina to go work for Jonah? I didn't get that part. It doesn't look like her character to go work for Jonah.

Jonah and Amy going visiting the other candidates was also so funny.

And now the inevitable quotes section:
----------------------------------------------------------
- but I will not be endorsing just yet.
- No, no, no, no. What?!
He just f***** me right in the ***!
- Son of a bitch wouldn't endorse you.
- That, too!
----------------------------------------------------------
- Math was created by Muslims.
Yeah. And we teach this Islamic math to children.
Math teachers are terrorists.
- Okay. That, that's it. I may be a registered sex offender, but I cannot be a part of this.
- Algebra? More like Al Jazeera.
Under a Ryan presidency, I will ban this Sharia math from being taught to American children.
No more math! No more math!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The part Mike was doing his show and the kids walking into the room was a great reference.
They could have made it more outrageous. It's a little too low key, the real thing is much funnier.

Man, just re-watching the real thing made me laugh, it's so much crazier. I don't know why they didn't do it bigger.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
- You think that Liu is trying to help me become--
- Don't finish that sentence, ma'am.
- We can't have this discussion.
We are still a nation of laws.
- "Ish."
- "Esque."
- Of course, but let's be clear about what we're not talking about.

------------------------------------------------------------------

- Jonah Ryan said he's been lying to everyone the whole time.
Why should anyone trust him now?
- Frankly, Jonah Ryan is the only candidate who's honest about his dishonesty.
And that is why Jonah Ryan is the next President of the United States.

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
7x05 Super Tuesday

- What's our play moving forward here?
- The Joseph Goebbels playbook.
- Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.
- Steal from the best.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This episode was written and shot months before the current measles outbreaks. I don't know if it's impressive or just depressing how this show creates ludicrous extremes, and then reality rises up to meet it.

Hard to believe that next week is the series finale. This felt like the sixth episode of a ten-episode season, not the penultimate episode of the entire series.

Richard's totally going to end up president, right?

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
7x06 Oslo

- Now, there has been a lot of debate about whether vaccines do or do not kill people.
And they do... that's just science.
But the other real killer... is diseases.
And how do these diseases get into America?
- How?
- Immigrants.
- Kill 'em!
- Yeah... Well, I mean, we don't have to kill all of 'em.
There are some good immigrants. Beyoncé.
But we are not going to stop diseases unless we close our borders!
- Yeah!
- From now on, no one in, no one out!

----------------------------------

- The woman who freed Tibet is finally getting her Nobel Peace Prize.
- Technically, not a Peace Prize, ma'am.
You've won the Summit Peace Award of the World Summit
of Nobel Peace Laureates.
- OK.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
This episode was written and shot months before the current measles outbreaks. I don't know if it's impressive or just depressing how this show creates ludicrous extremes, and then reality rises up to meet it.

Hard to believe that next week is the series finale. This felt like the sixth episode of a ten-episode season, not the penultimate episode of the entire series.

Richard's totally going to end up president, right?

With Selena as his VEEP. Full circle.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
One of the two best shows that HBO airs on Sunday nights is definitely going out with a bang. Don't know why we deserved that Peter MacNicol victory-lap.

"As the President of the United States, 'truth and justice' can gargle my balls." It's funny 'cuz it's true.

Selena's jerking-off motion when saying the phrase "innocent civilians" is the reason Emmy reels were invented.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not the ending I expected. I thought they were aiming for ironic, with Selina ending up as Richard's vice president. Instead they went with bleak. Selina gets everything she wanted, but it's a hollow and pyrrhic victory. Somehow that feels more appropriate. She is an awful human being who sold out her country and everyone important to her. Sometimes karma's a bitch.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I knew when they showed that Season 1 clip with Sue in the recap that we'd get a symmetrical scene toward the end. So glad they worked her in. And the struggle to load Selina's casket into the vagina-crypt was a great visual gag.

I laughed way harder than I should have when Selina called Rhea Seehorn "the gash of least resistance." I am a little concerned what that says about me, but worse comes to worst, I'll just burn in hell like Grandma Splett.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks