What's new

VCR makes High pithed noise during recording (In LP and SLP mode only) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Terry

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Terry
I'm probably posting this in the wrong section. Accept my appology if I have. Anyway when recording in LP or SLP mode for about 6 or 7 minutes my VCR starts making a high pitch sorta buzzing noise. I've tried cleaning it with a dry cleaning casette but it still makes the noise. Please help me and dont feel cautious about breaking it to me if it's bad news. Thanks.

P.S. This started when I used a new brand of tapes to record with.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Is it thin tape? I mean like 1500' or more on a cartridge (the >300 mins. stuff)? Sometimes the tape can start resonating (longitudinal waves) and sort of cry like a chalk, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, try to record on some of your old brand tape to see if it does the same. If it doesn't, it may very well be the new tape brand, as you are suspecting.

Cees

Kevin Terry

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Terry
Yes, the tape can last 300 mins. Thanks for your response and help. I'll try my old tapes and respond with what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks