What's new

Van Halen: Greatest Video Hits ... info? (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I read that as a companion to the new Van Halen "greatest hits" CD, a new DVD was going to be released. It's called Van Halen: Greatest Video Hits to be released on July 20.

ICE Magazine (icemagazine.com) confirms the date in their Vaults Releases but I cannot find any information on this release on any retailer site, not even on the official VH Web site.

This is NOT the old Video Hits, Volume 1. BTW, where are the rest of the "volumes" or was this a joke? I think that first DVD release contained all of their videos at the time. Is this new release just a rehash? What other videos could it contain? It doesn't seem to be a live concert DVD.

Anyway, I apologize if this is the wrong forum but I didn't think it went into the "Software - Film and Documentary" forum since this DVD release is neither a film nor a documentary.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
BOV1 isn't complete, there are videos that didn't make it on there. There are videos that the band made with Dave for Diver Down, as well as videos from FUCK and Balance. I think if I remember correctly, there may be 8 missing videos?

I can't wait to get "Live, Without a Net" for the first time on dvd. That is also scheduled for July 20th I believe.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
So if anyone gets any information on or the actual DVD Greatest Video Hits due out July 20, please post it here because I still cannot find more information on it. Thanks!

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I'm not sure that a new dvd of videos is going to be released.

You might email the guys here. They have "Live Without a Net" dvd listed for ordering (which is new), but no listing for a second video compilation.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Okay, I've sent them an email. The information in question is about a supposed DVD called Greatest Hits: The Video Collection which is comprised of 12 videos that is supposed to be released today.

www.icemagazine.com/cubes/cubes_208.shtm#halen

(There is an error in this section: It includes text from a ZZ Top article. It's actually funny to read in its current form, unless they're doing covers of ZZ Top songs!)

Thanks.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
link
Looks like the Live W/O a net DVD was pushed back to September 14th, however, it appears to be in DTS. :emoji_thumbsup:

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I just got a reply from ICE Magazine who says that the labels have dropped these titles (VH and YES Greatest Video Hits DVDs) off their release schedules. The August issue of ICE Magazine will state this and they'll update their website as information comes in.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

I wonder how much they cost at the shows? Im going this Sunday so I can check it out then, but if its anything like the markup on t-shirts they sell.......

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
$25 at the show.

Not that bad considering retail is 19. If you wait until september, I'm sure they'll be on sale for 10 or 12, then move up to 14 or 15 after the first week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks