Updated Theater! (PLVZ1)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mark Amayao, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

I actually posted this in the interiors forum also. But I have update a couple f things. Been busy and just barely got around to it. Excuse my sorry ass digital camera. I will also take screen shots soon.

Please suggest away and let m know what you think ... as I a not done yet. (will we ever be?) Thanks folks!

2. rin

rin Stunt Coordinator

Welcome to the club, Mark. I hope you don't need a lot of sleep because if you're anything like me you'll be up late every night re-watching all your DVD's on the big screen.

Can you give us some details about your screen? How about some screen shots when you get a chance?

Very nice setup! Congrats.

3. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Can I ask what our screen material is?

Randy

4. Mark Amayao

Initially I had the blackout cloth stretched out over the frame ... used that for the first 3 days .... then painted it silver ... image had ALOT of potential ..... just failed at getting even coats using spray paint.

Then going back to Jo-annes to get new Blackout I asked them maybe if they had some grey material I could use instead. She then helped me seek out some. While looking through a pile of gray stuff I heard a zip while she was pulling this very light gray material out of he bunch.
    It had a nice sheen to it.I immediately said I would take it. It has a very tight thread to it. It was only like 1.98!
    8 bucks for a couple yards. I proceeded to staple it to the frame. Looks great!

The deep blacks .... and still a bright picture. Minorty Report is my favorite test.

Rin- I need to either buy or borrow a decent digital camera before I even attempt to take screen shots. I am using this DELL P.O.S. that came with my computer.

5. Mark Amayao

I couldnt stand the pictures I first took ..... re-did he website with new pics and links. The pictures seem to fair better with daylight pics.[​IMG]

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Looks great Mark. Any idea what the SKU# is for that gray fabric you bought at Jo-Ann's? I roll painted my blackout with a custom mixed gray from Lowe's. I love the picture compared to that of my Da-Lite matte white, the silver spray I tried and the blackout unpainted. I'm always up for trying screen colors and would love to do a test piece of the stuff you bought.

Get some screen shots up. I'd love to check'em out.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

7. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Yes, please do give us more information on this "material". As I mentioned in another thread, if you can find the right finished fabric, it could make a great screen and would not require any painting, just applying to the frame and making a border for it.

8. Robert Ma

Robert Ma Second Unit