What's new

Updated Theater! (PLVZ1) (1 Viewer)

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
I actually posted this in the interiors forum also. But I have update a couple f things. Been busy and just barely got around to it. Excuse my sorry ass digital camera. I will also take screen shots soon.

Please suggest away and let m know what you think ... as I a not done yet. (will we ever be?) Thanks folks!

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to the club, Mark. I hope you don't need a lot of sleep because if you're anything like me you'll be up late every night re-watching all your DVD's on the big screen.

Can you give us some details about your screen? How about some screen shots when you get a chance?

Very nice setup! Congrats.

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
Initially I had the blackout cloth stretched out over the frame ... used that for the first 3 days .... then painted it silver ... image had ALOT of potential ..... just failed at getting even coats using spray paint.

Then going back to Jo-annes to get new Blackout I asked them maybe if they had some grey material I could use instead. She then helped me seek out some. While looking through a pile of gray stuff I heard a zip while she was pulling this very light gray material out of he bunch.
It had a nice sheen to it.I immediately said I would take it. It has a very tight thread to it. It was only like 1.98!
8 bucks for a couple yards. I proceeded to staple it to the frame. Looks great!

The deep blacks .... and still a bright picture. Minorty Report is my favorite test.

Rin- I need to either buy or borrow a decent digital camera before I even attempt to take screen shots. I am using this DELL P.O.S. that came with my computer.

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
I couldnt stand the pictures I first took ..... re-did he website with new pics and links. The pictures seem to fair better with daylight pics.:D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Looks great Mark. Any idea what the SKU# is for that gray fabric you bought at Jo-Ann's? I roll painted my blackout with a custom mixed gray from Lowe's. I love the picture compared to that of my Da-Lite matte white, the silver spray I tried and the blackout unpainted. I'm always up for trying screen colors and would love to do a test piece of the stuff you bought.

Get some screen shots up. I'd love to check'em out.

Peace Out~:D

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Yes, please do give us more information on this "material". As I mentioned in another thread, if you can find the right finished fabric, it could make a great screen and would not require any painting, just applying to the frame and making a border for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.