What's new

Updated Theater Pics: DVD Shelves (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I finally finished my built-in DVD and laserdisc shelving in the theater media room. Pics at the end here. Because the shelves are inset into the room's frame it is less intrusive. I can fit roughly 75 discs per shelf (single thickness).

Next job: stage, riser, and counter.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Have your decided on a projector yet?
If I were buying today it would be the Dwin TV3. It has the balance of performance and installation flexibility that I want (ie. can be flush mounted to the ceiling, single cable connection with exterior processor). That said I'm not buying now so it is totally up for grabs. Won't be until next year at which time there will be other options available. Most likely I'll go DLP. D-ILA possibly depending on where the technology is at.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Jay,

masterful work. That is coming along wonderfully! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

BTW, whilest you fellas were talking about projectors, is there a good place I can read up on this technology? I'd like to learn more about the whole lcd/dlp/crt..etc etc etc.. :)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hey Jay!!
Looking good.
Is the rest of the house complete as well.?
Didn't realize you had moved already.

FPTV is coming our way too!:emoji_thumbsup:

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Jay,

Beautiful! Really a great storage space!!! It will be great to see the completed pics soon, but probably not soon enough for you! ;)

Jacques C

Stunt Coordinator
Very nicely done. What did you make the depth of the shelves, out of curiosity?

Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks