What's new

Universal removes Shania Twain "Up!" from SACD listing (1 Viewer)

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to see Universal keeping its SACD web page updated.
Sorry to see they've removed Shania Twain's "Up!" album from the list of Up!coming discs. Perhaps it's just a mistake?

At least they set a date of 07/15 for Michael MacDonald's new album...

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
It looks like they also have removed the first Johnny Cash America title after earlier removing the later titles as well. The Roots have also been removed. It is quite possible Universal is doing some of these titles that have been removed as DVD-A the second half of the year.

J

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I had heard thru the grape vine that this Shania album will still be coming out on Super Audio but later.

Actually, I just read that Universal announced the title at the HiFi show currently in progress in San Fran. So we should be okay. :)

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I just read that Universal announced the title at the HiFi show currently in progress in San Fran. So we should be okay.
If you're referring to Brian Moura's article, he does not mention that Universal actually announced the title at the HiFi show. The information regarding Universal in the article is generic, something anyone could summarize from a past visit to Universal's website. If Universal did announce the title at the HiFi show, Moura should state so specifically in his article.

I would actually welcome the SACD edition of Up!, and I'm hoping its removal from the listing is simply a delay due to the double-disc nature of the set. At least the site lists a date of July 15 for the new Michael McDonald album!

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Well this same thing happend with Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On release. Listed on the site, then removed. Now it is back. So don't worry. Shaina's Up will show back up sometime.

John Milton

Second Unit
Oh dear Lord, I read the first post and wondered what the heck he was talking about since I own the Shania SACD, then I saw the date of the post. lol

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Though I've never been a big fan of Shania other than her good looks...I must say this is a tasty SACD.

Very nice pop music.

Worth owning for surround fans.:emoji_thumbsup:

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Don't waste your money on the SACD, the DVD-A has three videos along with the Hirez stereo and M/C which should be a nobrainer.

Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks