What's new

Universal Remote suggestion needed. (1 Viewer)

Bry_DD

Second Unit
time for me to get a universal remote for less than $120. it will control my new mits LT-52133, Denon 3801, DN 811, my 2 dvd player Sammy 1400 and pioneer.

thank you and Merry Christmas.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Harmony. Any model that will fit your budget will be the best remote you've ever owned. You can get great prices on Hamony's at Amazon.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
anyone has any experience with the 880 and what do you guys think of $144 from Amazon?

thanks

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The only complaint I've ever heard about the 880 was early models tended to not sit in the charging cradle too well. I think a couple people on this forum had this problem, but Logitech replaced them and the new models are fine. You really can't go wrong with any of their models. They all function the same way, with the big differences between models being colored vs. B&W screen and batteries vs. charger.

They also all program the same way (go to:Harmony Software for the download. You can test drive the software before you buy.). It may take a couple minutes to figure out that the remote is used by activity (Watch TV, Watch DVD, Listen to Music) rather than device, but once you "get it" that the remote basically does all the thinking for you, you'll never go back.

PS - That's a great price. I've never seen it for under $200 except on Amazon.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I have the 880 and its a capable remote. Dell had a nice sale on them so you may want to check and see if that deal is still on.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
i went and got the 880 from amazon for $144 shipped. thanks for everyones input.

happy new year to all...

bogelo

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew T
Harmony is a good remote. However, it didn't work correctly on my Samsung LN-T4071, so I returned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks