What's new

UK readers - two pricing rumours (1 Viewer)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Firstly, one (yet to be substantiated) rumour is a drop to £99 for the Gamecube sometime in November (probably near the end). We'll see; it'd hardly be shocking, however.

Secondly, more immediate, and why this is in 'software', PC World may well be holding another of their 'any console game for £25' from tomorrow until Sunday. Confirmation or refutation in the morning, obviously, but after forgetting to post the last time this happened, and Dan missing out on it, I thought it needed a heads-up.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Secondly, more immediate, and why this is in 'software', PC World may well be holding another of their 'any console game for £25' from tomorrow until Sunday.
But...... but they cant... I wont be able to get to a PC world within that span of days... :angry:
Dan

paul h

Supporting Actor
Let me know what you want guys and i'll pick em up for ya...
I live within reach of at least 2 PC World's :)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Aah.

This is Rumour Control, here are the Facts.

The PC World deal does exist, but only in Northern Ireland, for some obscure reason that I fail to grasp. This means that its not available from PCWorld.co.uk either. The Mainland just gets some sale where their PCs go from obscene to just ludicrously expensive, instead.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
RIGHT, well we have a few options;

1) swim
2) ferry
3) sulk here and put up with £44 x-box games.

I vote for option 3. Take no action, that's the British way!

Dan

paul h

Supporting Actor
If you guys are after some of the MS games like Halo, Rallisport, Project Gotham then let me know...i can get them at very reasonable prices.

Otherwise i'd recommend Play247.com their prices go from £32.99 upto £39.99

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Not used Play in months. How are their shipping times on games these days? They wont hit any customs issues will they?

Dan

paul h

Supporting Actor
I find them very good, shipping is free and takes a couple of days depending if its in stock, had zero customs problems.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Paul,

Many thanks for that. £31 shipped for most X-box games is very nice. I'll give them a try in the coming weeks. Seems they are Beaconsfield based, that's only a few towns over, fifteen mins max so shipping could be nice and fast from them. Super!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks