What's new

Tumult/keiga fuse blowing (1 Viewer)

Brad Dixon

Stunt Coordinator
I've talked to Kyle a little on this but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here aswell. I'm not exactly sure what's happening but I've had 4 fuses blow on the Keiga amp.

Now what's weird is that it doesn't do it while watching movies but it appears to happen during the day or night when we aren't using it. I'll go to put in a movie and notice there's no low end. Sure enough the fuse is popped.
I'm going to try a good surge protector in the next few days. Right now I simply have a cheap one that I added *after* talking to Kyle. He had asked if I was running one.

I don't think this would be the Keiga or Tumult otherwise I believe it would do it on a more consistent basis. That leaves the house wiring or the wall plug. I've had the setup running for a few months so it's not like this happens constantly but enough to be bothersome.

For those that may have seen something similar what did you do to fix/stop it? Would it take an extreme such as running a dedicated line for the amp(and other HT equipment) or even upgrading the circuitbreaker box? I live in an older house and only have 75-100 amp service I believe. When the AC or the fridge compressor turn on it causes a quick dim of the lights. I've talked to a couple electricians and they said that's not uncommon in an older house.
I'm just trying to give some background.

Thanks,
Brad

Ben L C

Agent
I just got a Kiega amp and the first time I plugged it in, the fuse blew. It was plugged into the same outlet as my Triad Silver sub, which the fuse has never blown. Do you know a place where one can get one of those type of fuses?

thanks,

Ben

Brad Dixon

Stunt Coordinator
Ben,

I got mine from a guy on ebay, evaluecomp was the user name I beleive. When I get home I'll double check for you. I think it cost me ~6 bucks plus shipping for 10 from him. When I was looking I found a couple stores online that had them but can't remember their names. They were a bit more too I beleive.

Brad

Brad Dixon

Stunt Coordinator
Ben,
I'm still at work but I got online and did some checking. Here's a partial listing of Wickmann dealers.

http://dilp.netcomponents.com/cgi-bi...artnumber1=194

I can't remember the exact amp rating but I *believe* it's 12 amp. The closest they have is 12.5.

Part number would be:

1942125xxx

The xxx's are for packaging purpuses when the dealers order from Wickmann. 000 = 1000 fuses, 002 = 10 fuses for example.
You shouldn't need that info though when you call any of the companies listed though.

I called Target Electronis in California, I was quoted .48 each but with a minimum $25 order. I doubt you need 50 fuses though lol. Also the guy on the phone said to contact Wickmann directly and ask for a sample of 10(since the smallest bulk pack they have is 10) for a amplifier project you're working on. He said they're normally willing to send out free samples.

EDIT: I asked the guy at Target about 1952125, that's the time lag fuse, we need 1942125 fast acting. They don't list this but could probably order it but I'd try Wickmann direct or find a local dealer before special ordering.

Brad

Brad Dixon

Stunt Coordinator
Ben,

OK I found the reciept. Website is http//www.evaluecomp.com the guys name is Larry Stevens. I looked at the site real quick and it appears he still has some in case you can't find any locally.

Brad

Ben L C

Agent
Brad,

They must have sold out. I did not find any 12 amp 250 volt fuses. Thanks and have a merry christmas.

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks