What's new

tumult: fill in the blanks (1 Viewer)

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
from those of you who have their tumults, can you take a minute and help out those of us who dont. can you fill in the blanks here:
  • diameter of the mounting flange=15 1/2" or 15 1/4" w/o gasket
  • flush mounting depth(rabbet)=1/2"
  • flush mounting depth with gasket=3/4"
  • diameter of baffle cutout=14 1/8"
  • total depth of driver=9"
  • diameter of magnet=8 1/4"
  • length of motor/magnet from basket=4 1/2"
  • height of surround above mounting flange=1 1/4"
  • driver displacement=7 liters or .25 cu ft [/list=a]

thanks
    list updated: got'em all now, thanks Dan

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

IIRC, Dan Wiggins told me that the diameter of the flange is 15.25" but with the rubber gasket it's 15.5".

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Jeff,

mine is in my enclosure.. i am gonna have to pull out the PR's to re-weight them, i will try to fill in a couple of the blanks for you when I pull it apart..

Craig

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
ok craig,
thx, soon to be makin me some dust :emoji_thumbsup: ..just have to work out a cross section area problem.
oh wait, a couple blanks?...we want ALL the blanks! :D

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
I'll second the need for this information. Looks like I now have the possibility of finishing my enclosure before my driver arrives. I especially need the flush mount depth. I guess I will use 15.5" plus 1/8" for the flush mount diameter.

Getting excited now. The mdf is cut, my port is cut to length and sanded to match the Aeroports. Two good Saturdays is all I need to get it ready for veneering. Since veneering is something I have never done before, this will be a learning experience. Hope I don't learn I can't veneer.

:)

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
I especially need the flush mount depth. I guess I will use 15.5" plus 1/8" for the flush mount diameter.
i'd hold off for that (the 1/8") one for now greg, you are gonna want as much meat to hold the driver as you can. lets wait for craig to come through on the measurement. as for the big rubber gasket....those are for tossing around the backyard and getting it stuck in a tree, aint they? :D
ya buddy excitement...spring is a month away (here anyway :p) ), the weather is turnin, baltic birch is ordered $29 a pop too heh, and the sun will behave for at least another 2 billion years. :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
hey guys, sorry it won't be till next week as I am off to Vegas tomorrow.. I don't want to start it and leave it all apart when I go away..

Craig

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
sorry guys, I was gonna re-weight my PR's in my enclosure but I decided against it for now, don't want to keep taking it apart and putting it back together.. by the time I do, you all with have your Tumults.. now I feel bad :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks