What's new

Tuesday Nite viewing!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Anyone else going to be having trouble on Tuesdays? I've become a big fan of "Smallville" and like a fool watched the premier of "24" and liked that. As a hardcore "NYPD Blue" I can't give that up and "Judging Amy" will always be at the top of my list. Luckily I have 2 tv's each with a recorder so I can take care of three shows at a time (2 recording, 1 watching). But tonight CBS is having the Michael Jackson special of which I'm really curious. So it appears I'll need to pull out my old beta machine and see if it still works and run a splitter. (luckily I'm still on a cable system that doesn't require a box). I wonder if any of the Nielson families are allowed to use VCR's and if so are they taken into consideration for rating calculation.

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
Tonight won't be nearly as hard as last Tuesday. The one hour and 10 minute Buffy really threw a wrinkle into the taping. On top of that The Simpsons on at 8:30, then at 9 NYPD Blue, 24 and Smallville. I had TIVO and my VCR going, ended up having to watch Smallville with just the TV speakers (sucked). Why is it that networks have to load up nights with some stuff and there isn't a thing to watch other nights?
------------------
Tom Keels
Why is the rabbit smoking a pipe?
Because he's smarter than the panther.
--Anthony Hopkins, The Edge
My DVD Collection
www.bigbendfishing.net

Jodee

Screenwriter
If you have FX, 24 is being repeated on Sunday and Monday nights, I believe.
That could free up one thing on Tuesday.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Right now, I've sort of settled into this pattern:
Watch live - "24" ("That 70s Show" and "Undeclared" if I'm home in time)
Record on Replay - "Gilmore Girls" and "Smallville"
Record on VCR - "Buffy" and "Roswell"

Dave Dugan

Stunt Coordinator
For me, Thursday has been the tough day (Survivor, Family Guy and The Tick, and Friends...), but I have only one VCR. The solution so far has been to tape Friends and watch it after watching Survivor while a friend tapes Family Guy and The Tick at their house...
Then comes the exchange as everyone shuffles tapes, borrowing them long enough to watch them and still get them back to the original households for the next week's taping.
I keep thinking I need to get a TiVo or ReplayTV, but this would not solve the problem of needing to tape three shows at once.
Three TiVos?
-Dave

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have all 3 of my VCRs running on Tuesdays:
VCR1: Fox from 8-10 p.m.
VCR2: WB from 8-10 p.m, MTV 10-10:30 p.m.
VCR3: UPN 8-9 p.m., NBC 9-10 p.m.
Plus I'm not usually home during these hours, so it makes catching up a real pain sometimes.
And then include the Buffy's on FX from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday is truly the night from hell!
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Superstations have saved me.
I tape Buffy and Roswell from 8-10. Then Gilmore and Smallville from 11-1 using the Los Angeles feed.
I watched 24 live last time, but now that I know its on FX I'll probably watch it then.
I just hope that Neilson viewers have monitors on all their equipment and have the same habits so that networks don't get a skewed sense of what people watch, when they watch all of the shows.
I really hate when networks try to pit their best shows against each other. Why don't they just "give in" and let WB have one night, UPN another, NBC another, etc.
wink.gif

[Edited last by Danny R on November 13, 2001 at 01:54 PM]

Stephen Cui

Auditioning
Smallville Rocks..
I love that show.. so much drama, so much fiction, and yet it's got the Superman mythos..
Not to mention that Lana is a hottie..

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
We watch NYPD Blue because it is HiDef and I don't have a digital VCR. So..we tape 24 to watch after NYPD Blue. And, yeah, thursday is another crowded night!
------------------
"Hey mr. taliban, tally up me bombers...
Daylight come, we blow up your home"

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
What is it about tuesday that it gets stacked with so many shows.
Buffy/Roswell
Gilmore Girls (that's right)/Smallville
NYBD Blue
I wanted to watch 24, but couldn't deal with another show.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
I have two dual tuner Tivos. I can record four shows at the same time. Paid 99 bucks for each one at Circuit City.
------------------
Jake
http://www.jawsmovie.com My JAWS Fansite
Link Removed My Arcade PC
Link Removed My Home Theater Pics

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
All times below are local time for me:
6-7 - Buffy
7-8 - Smallville
8-9 - Enterprise
9-9:30 - That 70's Show
9:30-10 - Undeclared
10-11 - 24 (tape)
10-11 - NYPD Blue (tape)
In Canada we had "Band of Brothers" airing on Tuesdays as well (9-10) so I had a hell of a night in front of the TV.
------------------
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/redirect.cfm?BannerID=8

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks