What's new

Trouble hooking up RCA DTC100 to Mits A48 (1 Viewer)

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
I managed to track down an RCA DTC100 DirecTV/HD receiver at a Radio Shack. I knew my Mits A48 didn't have VGA-in, so I got the VHDC300 transcoder off Ebay. I hooked my double bow-tie antenna into ANT-A on the receiver, and ran coax from Out To TV into ANT-A on TV. I activated the DTV and ANT-A inputs on my TV, making sure to select the YPbPr in the input selector for DTV and Air for ANT-A. Fired it up, but the screen stays blue, no activity.

Any idea what I did wrong? I don't have the DirecTV stuff hooked up yet. I'll be getting the new SAT later this week, and they are sending me an access card today. I figured I could setup OTA in the meantime though.

Here's what the back panel of my set looks like:

I ran the component cables from the transcoder to the corresponding green-blue-red DTV inputs. I did not use the Loop Out or ANT-B for anything.

Even if I ran the antenna wrong, I should still be able to get to the menu of the DTC100, or at least see something, right?

Any help appreciated.

TimG

Second Unit
Ok, just taking a stab at what may be wrong. For starters you didn't need a transcoder. It looks like your tv will take a 5-wire on the dtv inputs (RGBHV). But you will need a break-out cable (vga to 5 wire RGBHV) Second, you don't need to run coax from the receiver to the tv antenna input, (unless this is standard def over the air), you can send the over-the-air Hi-Def feed over the component (or 5 wire) input also. Are you sure you are on the right input on your display? Did you try going through the inputs to make sure you are on the right one? Is the receiver displaying 720p maybe, and your tv can't take it? Is there a switch on the back of the receiver that changes outputs? I am not familiar with the DTC100 so you may just have to wait until someone who knows it to answer.

TimG

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Tim. After much investigation this morning, I found out that you are correct in that I do not need the transcoder. Most likely that is the problem. That also makes sense about the coax, though both my Mits manual and the DTC100 manual said to do it. If that works, I'll be awfully sore at myself for getting that transcoder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks