What's new

Treasure Island 1989 Heston/Bale (1 Viewer)

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
The 1989 Treasure Island is often regarded as the definitive movie version of this story. With Charlton Heston as Long John Silver and Christian Bale as Jim Hawkins and such a distinguished supporting cast as Christopher Lee, Oliver Reed, Julian Glover, and Richard Johnson, not
to mention the good ship Hispanola, the 1962 Bounty, this movie would be an excellent choice for DVD, and it being a rather recent title should mean very little needed in the way of restoration.
To whichever company owns the rights, please consider the Heston/Bale Treasure Island.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I believe Warner Bros. must own this, as it was a Turner Entertainment production. I, too, would love to see this on DVD, as I actually find it the superior version among many. I am propbably going to snap up the first Laser copy I find of it, as I don't expect this to hit DVD for a LONG time, but we can hope.

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know for certain which studio owns this title? I pray it isn't Warner, because then we'll never see it.
With Heston's son as director and Heston as star, we could have a great commentary track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks