Trashing some crappy flicks

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derek Miner, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

I wanted to share this with you guys.
    Kevin Smith's Movie Poop Shoot site ran a couple of mock movie ads that I created:
    http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/onehand/index.html
    You need to scroll aboout half-way down the page, and you'll see the stuff. Incidentally, I compiled the quotes without paying a whole lot of attention to who said what. When I finished, I realized I had quoted HTF regular Scott Weinberg!

2. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

HEY, I happen to like MIIB!!! I went to a matinee when it was 107F outside, the movie was so loud that once it started I can no longer hear what the guy behind me was saying on his cell phone, great flick[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .

3. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Hahaha, right on!
    MiB2 sucked except for those moments I could observe the perfect Lara Flynn Boyle but I spared myself from another Adam Sandler movie (though will have to see the new P.T. Anderson one)
    "Nice shoes, shame about the movie" hahah, that's the best one.

4. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Derek, please do more. You're a prince. [​IMG]
    Excellent stuff.
    Jason

5. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

Thanks, Jason. There's more on the way!

For the record, I didn't really hate MIBII, but darn it if the reviews weren't horribly negative. Now that I've done about four of these, I think the best quotes I got were about Mr. Deeds. Boy, some people had a death wish for that one.

6. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

That's great. BTW, Ed J-Ott is a local Indy writer. Nuvo News is our local arty indy paper. You can read him at nuvo.net and of course his reviews often appear over at Rotten Tomatoes along with Scott's. [​IMG]
    Funny stuff. I enjoyed MIIB too, but I appreciate the point. If only all films had to have "accurate" posters/ads done up. [​IMG]

7. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

Incidentally, if you haven't figured it out, my method to doing this is pretty much just to read all the bad reviews at Rotten Tomatoes. If anyone has some advice where I might go for further reviews, I'd appreciate it.