What's new

Totally independent questions but ht nontheless... (1 Viewer)

Brad Craig

Stunt Coordinator
1 >>> I was looking into some Klipsch surrounds w/ the 180 degrees Wide Dispersion Technology (WDT) and the picture showed the speakers adjacent to the sides of the couch versus being slightly behind... Does anyone know if Klipsch recommends these bipolar spks be adjacent to listner on both sides or should they be slightly behind as well like you do w/ most typical monopole speakers???

2 >>> I was looking into getting a Home Theater Universal TOUCH SCREEN Remote and had my eye set upon the SonyAVR2100 or the new 3000 model but you cannot find them in my local area, So can anyone recommend a TOUCH SCREEN HT remote that doesn't get way over complicated (w/ internet and to many functions that nobody would ever use) and falls in the $200 or below range??? Or am I dreaming of finding something like this???

Just give me any recommendations that come close to the $200 mark of slighly above if nothing comes to mind in the $200 and below mark ~ The problem by the way w/ the Sony 3000 model is they haven't released it yet, don't know when they will...

Oh yeah I would like a few programmable macro buttons if possible...

3 >>> Okay confuscious speaks, I hear of this and this show being shown in high definition, so do I need a hdtv tuner built into my TV to get the show in high definiton through my normal cable or satellite receiver lets say???

What would happen if i watch it on a high definiton ready TV w/out the built in card??? How would it look or sound???

Also I hear of "off the air" and "on the air" being used to describe broadcasts >>> what does this mean exactly???

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
1) the optimal speaker position is best determined by listening. Bipolars are designed so you can hear the sound coming directly from them as well as the sound that reflects off the walls. As a result, they can go to the sides, with the reflections off your back wall providing the sound from behind. Whether this works best in your environment only you can judge.

2) You might consider getting one of the older Prontos (e.g. the TS1000). They work fine as learning remotes with macros even without all the fancy reprogramming that some people like to do.

3) HD programs do require an appropriate receiver, but there are lots of different variations. There are satellite HD receivers, HD cable boxes and over-the-air HD receivers. Some cable systems transmit HD channels in analog form compatible with over-the-air transmissions. Others don't. Some satellite receivers can also work with a TV antenna to get over-the-air HD transmissions. An HD ready TV will accept a high resolution component or RGB video input signal. Some HD TVs are available that can accept internal HD tuners, some require external ones.

4) "over the air" refers to a channel that's transmitted by one of your local TV broadcasting stations. You need an appropriate antenna to receive the signal. "on the air" means it's beeing transmitted right now. "off the air" means the station is shut down.

I hope this clarifies things a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks