What's new

Toshiba 40H80, Free Standing, or Shelf Top? (1 Viewer)

chris_tj

Auditioning
Is the Toshiba 40H80 a set I can put on a shelf within an entertainment center? ...or is it a free standing set atop a large base that sits on the floor?
I'm curious because I think my wife wants something that we can close up in a nice wooden cabinet. :)
If y'all can post pictures of your own 40H80 in your living rooms for me to see, that'd be great.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
The 40H80 is pretty big, I don't think it could really go on a shelf. If the shelf were only a few inches off the floor maybe it would work. The problem with putting a TV this big up on a shelf is that you will be craning your neck up to view it. If you are dead set on having an entertainment center, how about building around the TV? Have shelves on either side, and more crossing the top (like a bridge)?
-Max

chris_tj

Auditioning
That sounds like a plan, Max. Yeah, I was just curious. I really could care less. I think the TV will look fine without an entertainment center - although we desperately need a place to put our other A/V stuff. heheh
I've actually seen entertainment centers that arch like a bridge over a large TV that sets on the floor, so what you're describing is more than feasible... especially living in Lancaster County PA. The Amishmen dish out some impressive oak furniture.
To be honest, I just want the dang TV already. We're using a 19" Panasonic 4:3 screen right now to view DVDs, and we have a Sony Home Theater system. In most letterboxed movies, the text in the credits is too small to read. heheh
Anyway, thanks for your input!
- Chris

Mike Hartman

Auditioning
Chris,
If you haven't already, check out the Tweeter store at Park City in Lancaster. They've got one on display in one of the home theater sound rooms. I'm sure one of the clerks could answer your question.
I've been drooling over their selection lately.
-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks