What's new

Tosh TW56X81 - Convergence won't stay put (1 Viewer)

Paul W

Second Unit
Every few days or so, I notice that the blue convergence seems to drift. I'll go through the convergence routine and get it looking good, but a few days later it will have drifted again.

Is this a defect or is this the nature of the beast?

TIA,

Christopher a

Stunt Coordinator
Paul, are you checking the convergence before or after the TV has warmed up for about an hour? Actually, my Toshiba takes longer than 1 hour to fully warm up. I'm not sure about every couple of days, but yes, it is the nature of the beast that convergence will drift with CRT's.

Chris

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
How old is the TV and is it broken in yet? My Toshiba convergence also drifted a good bit when I first got it, now after a 100+ hours of use it is pretty stable

Paul W

Second Unit
The TV is 2 years old and pretty much broken-in (as well as dented and scratched).

I'm not sure about letting it warm up for a full hour. I'll wait next time I need to tweak the convergence.

Chris_HD

Agent
I have the same set, and I always wait two hours before tweaking it in any way. Service mode convergence seems to last about 3-4 months on average, and it's not that far off when I recheck it. It takes about 10 minutes per input if done at that frequency.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks