Tosh TW56X81 - Convergence won't stay put

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul W, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Every few days or so, I notice that the blue convergence seems to drift. I'll go through the convergence routine and get it looking good, but a few days later it will have drifted again.

Is this a defect or is this the nature of the beast?

TIA,

2. Christopher a

Christopher a Stunt Coordinator

Paul, are you checking the convergence before or after the TV has warmed up for about an hour? Actually, my Toshiba takes longer than 1 hour to fully warm up. I'm not sure about every couple of days, but yes, it is the nature of the beast that convergence will drift with CRT's.

Chris

3. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

How old is the TV and is it broken in yet? My Toshiba convergence also drifted a good bit when I first got it, now after a 100+ hours of use it is pretty stable

4. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

The TV is 2 years old and pretty much broken-in (as well as dented and scratched).

I'm not sure about letting it warm up for a full hour. I'll wait next time I need to tweak the convergence.

5. Chris_HD

Chris_HD Agent

I have the same set, and I always wait two hours before tweaking it in any way. Service mode convergence seems to last about 3-4 months on average, and it's not that far off when I recheck it. It takes about 10 minutes per input if done at that frequency.

Chris