What's new

Took a trip to Ken Cranes today... (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I looked around at the various Rear Projection sets they had on display. An HDTV signal (via DirecTV) was running through most of the sets (the Pioneers, Toshibas, Mitses, and Sony's were fed the signal). I was awestruck by how incredible the quality of the picture was. The Pioneers and Toshibas had the best pictures of them all. What impressed me most about the sets was the amount of detail inherent in the picture -- simply astounding. I made a comparison between those RPTVs and the silly Sony 36XBR450 (still a nice set in its own right) and I was rather disappointed. I'm glad I didn't spend the cash on an XBR400 only to find out 8 months later the incredible 3D quality of HDTV RPTVs. And this was in a store with a lot of ambient light coming from the windows! :)
The one that was not being fed an HDTV signal was the Panny PT-47WX51. It was being fed a very poor analog signal. That pissed me off as I really wanted to see this set in action.
Looks like it's time for me to start saving up for the Toshiba 50H81 or the Panny PT-47WX49. Decisions decisions decisions. Which one shall it be? :D
EDIT: I really need to update my DVD collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks