What's new

Pre-Order Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan: The Final Season (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
51bNoejWHtL.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-...82-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
Will this be available in 4k (as the earlier seasons were)?
"Meanwhile, Paramount will be releasing Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan: The Final Season and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan: The Complete Series on Blu-ray and DVD on 4/16 (you’ll find them available for pre-order hereand here on Amazon very soon). We expect that The Final Season will also be made available in 4K Ultra HD around the same time."

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
We expect that The Final Season will also be made available in 4K Ultra HD around the same time."

Unless Bill Hunt has very good insider sources at Paramount/Viacom in the home video department, otherwise this assertion sounds like idle speculation.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Unless Bill Hunt has very good insider sources at Paramount/Viacom in the home video department, otherwise this assertion sounds like idle speculation.
Well, season 3 was released on Blu-ray and 4k simultaneously last year.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Well, season 3 was released on Blu-ray and 4k simultaneously last year.

In contrast, the seasons 1 and 2 4Kbluray sets were released in 2022, much later the original dvd and bluray variants in 2019-2020.

As to why the final season 4Kbluray and complete series 4Kbluray sets' listings have not appeared yet (officially), is not entirely clear at this point. Though this does not infer that Paramount is formally dumping the 4Kbluray version(s) entirely. To be more definitive, the latter would likely require someone with insider knowledge who is willing to speak (whether on the record or not).

Such a delay/absence could be something completely mundane, such as: backlogs at the 4Kbluray disc manufacturing plant, paperwork which hasn't been finalized, licensing issues which have not been publicly disclosed (ie. window of exclusivity), etc ...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Season 4 should be available separately in 4k, according to Bill Hunt’s Facebook page:
E07B6489-5596-420B-9FF8-1A28807A14F4.png

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Season 4 should be available separately in 4k, according to Bill Hunt’s Facebook page:

Just like my first response on this thread, this assertion also reads like idle speculation. (I don't know whether Bill Hunt has any significant reliable insider sources at Paramount Global in the home video division).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Nevertheless, my remote interest in this show is to see how Jack Ryan was turned into a silly "Jason Bourne" type of action character by the show's writers. :popcorn:

I liked the original movies from the early -> mid 1990s. The 2014 movie with Chris Pine wasn't quite as good.

Over the past few years, I thought about subscribing again to amazonprime, but never got around to it. For most of the stuff I order on amazon, the same-day/one-day/two-day shipping service via amazonprime is kinda useless. So it was not a compelling subscription service for me.

If I stick with my preorder for the complete series bluray set, it will be a "blind buy" for me.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just like my first response on this thread, this assertion also reads like idle speculation. (I don't know whether Bill Hunt has any significant reliable insider sources at Paramount Global in the home video division).
I’ve found that if he makes a claim like that, he knows what he’s talking about.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I’ve found that if he makes a claim like that, he knows what he’s talking about.

I don't read his columns regularly. Of the times I have read his then-current articles over the past decade or so, as far as I could tell they looked like it was summaries of then-new press releases and whatever information could be culled from searching through non-yet-released titles on amazon.

I haven't read enough of his articles to discern whether the (unsupported) assertions are deductions from insider information and/or preview promotional copies, or were just good guesses from experiences of observing the behavior of past release schedules.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Hmmmm ..... 4Kbluray-mod for final season.

If I had to guess, it is a small run of pressed 4Kbluray discs from Paramount's standard go-to disc manufacturer (ie. Sonopress/BMG in North Rhine Westphalia, Germany), and not burned 4Kbluray-r discs ?

Has Paramount done many recent 4Kbluray-mod titles?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Hmmmm ......

The season 4 bluray amazon listing appears to have disappeared (linked in the first post of this thread). Though the complete series bluray amazon listing is still there.

Very strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks