What's new

tips for first-time buyer - rear projections (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -

i'm in the market for a rear projector. i'm definitely going to buy it from best-buy (emp discount).

so i was just wondering what features or technologies i should keep an eye out for?

the only ones i can think of include:

1. defeatable svm
2. 64-pt convergence
3. decent stretch modes
4. varietiy of inputs (jack pack)

i plan on running everything through a new receiver, unless it can't handle the component connection - then the video will go directly to the tv.

or...if you know of a specific model they carry that you like, please recommend.

thx!

ted

John S

Senior HTF Member
I was at best buy last night, and noticed they are swinging a pretty good deal on the 60" Philips at $1799.00....

I actually demo'd it against many of the TV's, and my significant other and myself both agree'd it was better than about 60% of them in the horrid lighting at Best Buy anyways.

Good luck on the new TV. Rear Projection HDTV just knocks my socks off. Of course, I have only had SVIDEO non HDTV for the last 6-7 years, so that is most likely why. lol

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thx guys.

on the dvi thing, is that the standard connection available on vide-cards for your pc? if so, does that mean i could hook up my pc (not that i'd want to) to my tv?

yeah, i'm really looking forward to it. i don't even care that much about hi-def broadcast, but i can't wait to watch my dvd's. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks