t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Before transitioning to producing live action movies, Hungarian born George Pal was best known as an animator of the Puppetoons series of shorts here in America. However, following the success of Destination Moon (1950), Pal squarely focused on live action films and would soon become noted for his work in the science fiction genre; one of his most notable productions was the adaptation of H.G. Wells’ The War of the Worlds. Paramount had previously released the movie on DVD, but Criterion has given the movie its US Blu-ray debut as part of its collection.

The War of the Worlds (1953)

Released: 26 Aug 1953
Rated: G
Runtime: 85 min

Director: Byron Haskin
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller

Cast: Gene Barry, Ann Robinson, Les Tremayne, Robert Cornthwaite
Writer(s): H.G. Wells (novel), Barré Lyndon (screenplay)

Plot: A...
Continue reading...

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Is your rating for Audio correct? You have it at “1/5”

The text implies little to no problems (even a ‘major improvement’)

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I caught it and updated it; once again, my computer decided to change my rating during editing when I was scrolling through the page.

Reactions: Peter Apruzzese

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Stunning remaster. That proves once again that you dont need a 4k HDR disc for a dynamic visual experience.

Last edited:

TallPaulInKy

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul W Urbahns
Stunning remaster. That proves once that you don't need a 4k HDR disc for a dynamic visual experience.
Exactly, my standard Blu-Ray looks great! It's really great to see this kinda treatment to any film, especially like this one that some of us marveled at in the theaters. I saw it in a theatrical reissue in the 60s.

Reactions: RJ992

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smwe16