What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Offspring's New Album to Be Titled Chinese Democracy (1 Viewer)

DavidBelis

Agent
"03.28.03 - The Offspring To Release Chinese Democracy.
Multi-platinum Sony artists THE OFFSPRING are recording their new disc with producer Brendan O'Brien in Los Angeles The album is titled Chinese Democracy, which also happens to be the title of the long-awaited GUNS N ROSES album, currently in limbo. When reached for comment, The Offspring's front man/vocalist, Dexter Holland, said "You snooze, you lose." Holland further added, "Axl [Rose] ripped-off my braids, so I ripped-off his album title." Chinese Democracy, The Offspring's seventh album is scheduled for release in late spring. It follows Conspiracy of One, also produced by O'Brien."

I think this is absolutely hilrious. Serves Axl right.

http://www.offspring.com

Also, in other relayed news, for those who may not have heard, The Offspring's drummer of 15 years, Ron Welty has left the band to go onto other things.

The replacement (I'm not sure if this is permanent, or if it's just for the upcoming album) is A Perfect Circle's Josh Freese.

728x90

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait for this one. I hope they move away from their newer music, and return to the old style of Smash and Ixnay on the Hombre. The reasoning behind the title is quite funny. :)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Well, they have decided to drop the Chinese Democracy title.

"09.09.03 - NEW ALBUM DETAILS ANNOUNCED!
Punk rock band The Offspring is changing the name of their new disc, acknowledging the decision to title the album Chinese Democracy had brought production to a halt.
The new Offspring CD will now be called "Splinter". The release is scheduled for December 02, 2003."

From Offspring.com

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
LOL!
That's not Punk to back down! If they were young again I bet they would keep the title. LOL!

It almost sounded like a publicity stunt to begin with.

The first time I heard the Offspring was on a very limited edition record called "Let the Record Collecter Nerd Sweat" from 1989. They had the song "Tehran" which they later did over and called it "Bahgdad".

Matt

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I'm glad they dropped this silly idea to name the album Chinese Democracy. Now I can go back to enjoying both bands work. I never understood why Dexter cared. The only people who have a right to be pissed about the endless delays for Chinese Democracy are GNR fans. In the end I think this was just his child like ploy to get a rise out of Axl, which never happened and I guess that is why he dropped the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks