What's new

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Original Soundtrack has arrived! (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
This soundtrack is amazing. Gollums song is amazing. Very haunting lyrics, with kind of a creep voice singing it.

Where once was light
Now darkness falls
Where once was love
Love is no more

Don't say goodbye
Don't say I didn't try

These tears we cry
Are falling rain
For all the lies
You told us
The hurt, the blame!

And we will weep
To be so alone
We are lost!
We can never go home

So in the end
I will be what I will be
No loyal friend
Was ever there for me

Now we say goodbye
We say you didn't try

These tears you cry
Have come too late
Take back the lies
The hurt, the blame!

And you will weep
When you face the end alone
You are lost!
You can never go home

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
Well, I now have a copy of the FOTR limited edition soundtrack CD ordered from Amazon so that I can have a matched set with my TTT disc. I had no idea that they had even made one. Thanks to this forum, my LOTR soundtrack collection will now be greatly enhanced. My sincere thanks to all of you for enlightening me! :)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
also re:Winter Chill Vol.4 can anybody confirm if this is the mix or not that was used in the trailers??? Just want to make sure before I purchase it....
I grabbed a listen of the relevant trailer and Oakenfold album again, and I've confirmed that the track on Winter Chill is just the album one, not the version from the trailer. Sorry for the confusion - I rather jumped to conclusions back there. Still, its a lovely compilation, even without the trailer connection.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
This is a darker, denser work than Fellowship. I'm finding it less accessible, deeper, meatier and harder 'work' to listen to, but this is how it should be.
I'm also finding it less accessible. FOTR had a lot of motifs or "themes" or whatever you want to call them. TTT has very few as far as I can hear. There seems to be a new Rohan theme which sounds a lot like the main melody from "The Lost World: Jurassic Park". FOTR I can listen to in my car and hum along because I know the tunes. TTT doesn't lend itself to that. And I'm not sure I fully agree that it should be that way. It is deep and meaty but it isn't grabbing me.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
And I'm not sure I fully agree that it should be that way.
By 'as it should be' I was merely referring to how the new score mirrors the the second book. Compared to Fellowship, The Two Towers is a darker and meatier part of the story. It's inevitable that the score follows suit.

On reflection, some of those recurring themes in the first movie recurr a tad too much. I like the new one a lot. Compared to a lot of film scores, Fellowship is quite 'grown up' sounding, but TTT goes one step further along that path and gives us a very serious piece of work indeed.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
On reflection, some of those recurring themes in the first movie recurr a tad too much. I like the new one a lot. Compared to a lot of film scores, Fellowship is quite 'grown up' sounding, but TTT goes one step further along that path and gives us a very serious piece of work indeed.
Yes I very much agree with this statement. It should be noted that those I know who have seen the film do state the Riders of Rohan theme does appear a wee bit too much in the film, but it's a terrific theme so I doub't many would object...

The scores differ little from the fact that one can't really look at the film and the novels as seperate works at the end of the day, and that like those, the music is really just one giant work with Two Towers being the second act. To those who have not done so, play the Fellowship score and then the Two Towers right after. Whilst you're still only left with about 60% of each films full score, it makes for a rather incredible musical journey...

Dan

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Overall I'm pretty pleased with this soundtrack. It is definitely more dense than the first one.

The only track I'm having trouble getting a handle on is number 17 - Isengard Unleashed. I'll have to see it within context of the film because it does not seem to be capturing the Ent assault on Orthanc.
Perhaps this is leadup to the actual attack and the cue for the actual attack is not on the CD.

At this point I favour the FOTR more but over time this may change. Still a very excellent soundtrack.

Can't wait to see the action on the screen for the Forth Eorlingas track!

William DAnnucci

Stunt Coordinator
:frowning:
My Limited Edition TTT CD (not the Internet version) will not play at all on my PC! It plays fine on my DVD player, but my PC can't read it. Had anyone else with the TTT LE CD had any problems with PC compatibility?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Just discovered this thread and all I can say about the Internet LE CD is wow, very compelling indeed.
and it came with the Brown packagng as well.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks