What's new

The Last of Us (2023) - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I hope that they stick to the story from the first game for the first season and then wait at least two years before adapting Part 2.

This has the potential to be fantastic, so my fingers are crossed.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
And Part two can easily be broken into two parts. So they could realistically get three seasons out of this. That would seem about right.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
They could also very easily bring in Abby and her group as a parallel "counterpoint" storyline at a certain juncture, in order to build up her character-development for...what eventually happens later on.

What I imagined as I was playing Part 2 was that a series would have a second season that would build to that WFT moment at the theater and then end. Coming back for the third season viewers are dismayed that it then takes us along Abby’s journey. “This can’t last long, right? Shit, they are really going with this? Fuck Abby!” I‘d image lots of viewers being pissed and resistant, as players were meant to be playing the game, and it would be awesome. Hopefully most would come around and appreciate what is being done with the story. This can be so crazy good if they stick as closely to the game story as possible.

They could certainly do parallel stories in season two if they were only going to keep it to two seasons. But it would be great if they blew it up with the the third season like the game did halfway through Part 2.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I finally played & finished the first game, and I do hope this series accurately portrays the endless searching through kitchens, offices, storage rooms, and trash piles looking for supplies that post-apocalyptic-wasteland life entails.

(I really did like the game)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pedro Pascal is Joel
And this series is in first position over "The Mandalorian". Given that Pascal is primarily a voice actor for that show, it should be very doable for him to do both, but it's still an usual development.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I‘lol be subscribing to HBO to watch when this comes out.

I’m still trying to figure out when I’ll play the sequel. But I’m assuming at least the first season will be based wholly on the original game.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
^Hopefully without spoiling anything, there are
at least a couple of new characters from the sequel who could theoretically also appear in the very first season if that's how they're planning on structuring the adaptation (Season 1 = TLoU Part 1 / Season 2 = TLoU Part 2), which would add to the story-layering and overall setup.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
And this series is in first position over "The Mandalorian". Given that Pascal is primarily a voice actor for that show, it should be very doable for him to do both, but it's still an usual development.
So if we don’t see Pedro’s face, that’s not him in the Mandalorian?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I finally played & finished the first game, and I do hope this series accurately portrays the endless searching through kitchens, offices, storage rooms, and trash piles looking for supplies that post-apocalyptic-wasteland life entails.

(I really did like the game)
Every episode we see them searching through kitchens, trash, etc? Doesn’t sound to interesting to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks