What's new

The Larry Blamire Teatment...and the Skeletons in his closet!! (1 Viewer)

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
No worries, who could have known what a nerve it struck, once it got out in to the mainstream? Do you know if there is any updates on the Skeleton Walks Among Us project?
I knew nothiing of it until it was gone??

The last kickstarter I was involoved with was for the LSOC Lunch Box!!! And was thrilled to be part of that project!! I still think a matching thermos would have kicked it over the top, but I digress...Maybe ifand when the TSWAU is in the can, youmight be ableto reappoach Sony to negotiate for a Lost Skeleton Trilogy Steel Book "Into Eternity" Edition?!!
skeleton terrifying GIF

It's theoretically still a go project if someone will fund it!

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
I've got Skeleton 2, Forehead and Dark and Stormy Night on blu ray. Have Skeleton on DVD and would love an upgrade, but was it even shot in HD? Wikipedia says it was shot on video. That tends to top out at, what, 540p or so? And with software I'm sure an algorithm could do some work on it and we could get something better than the current DVD, but even if you stress the limitations, people would whine about the quality.

(Speaking of improving video, I need to check out the MST3K stream from Friday. They were supposed to try to improve the picture quality of the Puma Man episode. Guessing they'll apply it to all of them eventually for their app/service.)

ETA: Well, never mind. I guess there are elements for a blu, haha.

It was indeed shot SD. And it could be argued that it's supposed to look a little cheap and crummy, so a Blu-Ray upgrade might well defeat the purpose!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Now the pandemic is over and people are little easier about to supporting projects, I don’t see why is not a push and promotion to help build back better this project it stalled halfway through, would you not agree? I am definitely part of the contingency would love to promote it and do what I can to push this through.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I see you got one of Larry’s paintings too, cool!! I saw a book of his abstract comic book covers that he did, he’s a he’s a great illustrator stuff, I can see some of it as an influence was definitely Robert Crumb.
I would love to say I have one of his paintings, but that's an early painting by Babs Tarr (who's best known for her redesign of the Batgirl costume.)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Why not resurect the kickstarter? there was 85K and change befor the clock ran out...I think the problem before was that not enough people knew that it was going on???
In the name of Paul Blaisdell, I summon you!!! Gather all to the project to reserect the zombie project that will again...walk among us!!! ...maybe, LOL!!!

Attachments

• paul 1.jpg
    paul 1.jpg
    799.1 KB · Views: 24

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I would love to say I have one of his paintings, but that's an early painting by Babs Tarr (who's best known for her redesign of the Batgirl costume.)
Nice, it had that LB vibe, when see from the distance.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Mike, is there a way for you to contact Larry and tell him that there are people interested in helping to promote the project? I've left messages on most of the FB, Instagram ect pages. Most are over a year old?!! Just grabbed on the LSOC signed 4X6 photos, LOL!!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I'm afraid I'm 100% to blame for the original's absence on Blu-Ray. When I made the deal for Sony to acquire the film, I stupidly made it a perpetuity deal, thinking I would be at the studio a lot longer than I was. Since then, the rights went to Mill Creek as part of an enormous package deal, and they reissued it on DVD minus all the bonus features. I approached MC about returning the Blu rights to the film, and they demanded a sum that was several times the movie's entire budget! And needless to say they're in no hurry to do it themselves. So I'm afraid no Blu for the foreseeable future.

Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.
crushed noo GIF

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
This was a fun promo for the LB fam& supporters!! I got 2!!!

Attachments

• LSoC-Lunchbox-Front_1.jpg
    LSoC-Lunchbox-Front_1.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 27
  • LSoC-Lunchbox-Back_1.jpg
    LSoC-Lunchbox-Back_1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 28
  • LSoC-Lunchbox-Bottom_1.jpg
    LSoC-Lunchbox-Bottom_1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0911.jpg
    IMG_0911.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 29

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Mike, is there a way for you to contact Larry and tell him that there are people interested in helping to promote the project? I've left messages on most of the FB, Instagram ect pages. Most are over a year old?!! Just grabbed on the LSOC signed 4X6 photos, LOL!!!

He's already aware of this thread and will comment when/if he sees fit.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Haven't posted on HTF in quite a while, and heard about this thread (a little skeleton told me). Really nice to see.

Thank you, peoples!
No worries I love what you do and so do many others here and beyond. Do you think you'll ever take another swing at fleshing out the 3rd installment to the Lost Skeleton Saga, The Lost Skeleton Walks Among Us? You had me at your Poster, but I didn't hear about the Go fund Me project until way after it closed!!
I know you have a lot on your plate, but please let me know?

Attachments

• CxgrmuXUoAA2jhu.jpg
    CxgrmuXUoAA2jhu.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks