What's new

Pre-Order The Ipcress File (1965) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81UEODAoCVL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
If this is the same transfer as the second UK release, everyone in Region A is in for a real treat. The first UK release was just faq.
I bought both. The 2nd UK release was much better, Lovely really, but still looked nothing like UK Technicolor release prints. I saw one at Film Forum about ten years ago and it blew me away. Very saturated blues, yellows and reds, similar to the release prints for "The Running Man" which was also a 2 perf film directed by Sidney Furie processed and printed by London Technicolor. The dye transfer prints of those two films looked like late Van Gogh, the colors almost floated on air they were so saturated.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I got the second release because of the raves - it really wasn't much better, color-wise. Too brown. Not buying this until someone talks about the color.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought both. The 2nd UK release was much better, Lovely really, but still looked nothing like UK Technicolor release prints. I saw one at Film Forum about ten years ago and it blew me away. Very saturated blues, yellows and reds, similar to the release prints for "The Running Man" which was also a 2 perf film directed by Sidney Furie processed and printed by London Technicolor. The dye transfer prints of those two films looked like late Van Gogh, the colors almost floated on air they were so saturated.
I'll be buying this Kino BD because I only have the 2008 UK BD.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Much as I like it, the colours in the UK disc are on the drab side. That somehow seems to match the mood of the movie.
Well, yes..except the dye transfer UK prints had this saturated color scheme that brought out the drabness of everything, the same way those saturated colors in late Van Gogh paintings (like the "night cafe") managed to make everything look even more grim. And those UK Technicolor prints were really beautiful, accentuating overcast skies and ochre-stained streets. a beauty that was somehow part and parcel of that working class London grey and plastercast consciousness that defined Harry Palmer's worldview and at the same time transcended it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks