What's new

The Invaders on Bu ray...When?!!! (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Get the CD set while they still last at La-La Land Records.

1668710377938.png

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
More than a decade ago, it was very much like this with services like Netflix. They didn't have much of a deep catalog which they owned outright. Hence they had to license from the movie companies which owned the actual content.

In the case of HBO licensing Star Trek movies, that seems to be a headscratcher. Does Warner not have enough of their own content to attract enough subscribers?

HBO always had non Warner titles long before streaming. Peacock has non Universal titles. I'm not sure if Paramount Plus has other studio titles or not.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
That TV Guide excerpt brings me right back to my youth devouring the magazine each and every week and getting a special thrill when one of my favorite shows or specials received the Close-Up treatment.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
That TV Guide excerpt brings me right back to my youth devouring the magazine each and every week and getting a special thrill when one of my favorite shows or specials received the Close-Up treatment.
it was your watching guide for the week, because you missed it....you missed it!!! No VCRs No DVRs No way to turn back the hands of time...so the TV guide was your timetable to the shows you followed back then.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
it was your watching guide for the week, because you missed it....you missed it!!! No VCRs No DVRs No way to turn back the hands of time...so the TV guide was your timetable to the shows you followed back then.
Absolutely, and I was lucky enough to live in a two TV household, so if my dad (who controlled completely the primetime selections of the TV in our family room until he went to bed) would not bow to my chosen show, I could always bound back to their bedroom and watch on the TV there (which I did about 60% of the time).

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Absolutely, and I was lucky enough to live in a two TV household, so if my dad (who controlled completely the primetime selections of the TV in our family room until he went to bed) would not bow to my chosen show, I could always bound back to their bedroom and watch on the TV there (which I did about 60% of the time).
I feel your pain, LOL!!! My first aquasition as a kid, with my first job as a box boy, was my own RCA Black and White TV (rabbit ears included). My father too was the TV Czar, with a total control over the remote...We didn't have a color tv in the house, until he discovered that the Football and Baseball games were broadcast in color, and got a Zenith 19" wonderbox. The funny thing was I would be watching a classic film on the Color TV. My Dad would come in and be totally confused as to why I would be watching a B&W movie on a color TV, LOL!!!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Since television was such a big part of our family together time, our parents got a color TV back in the spring of 1966, so we were ready for the big color TV explosion that fall. Our budget apparently didn't have money for a big name brand color TV, so we ended up with a 19" Sears model. It was a big, cube-shaped thing with a metal cabinet (with a wood-grain finish!). It had no remote control - (that was my job) - and we all mostly agreed on the shows that we would watch. If memory serves, the first night home was a Tuesday, so we got to watch RED SKELTON in color.

So when THE INVADERS premiered the following January, we were all ready to watch the series in color.

vlcsnap-00019.jpg

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Since television was such a big part of our family together time, our parents got a color TV back in the spring of 1966, so we were ready for the big color TV explosion that fall. Our budget apparently didn't have money for a big name brand color TV, so we ended up with a 19" Sears model. It was a big, cube-shaped thing with a metal cabinet (with a wood-grain finish!). It had no remote control - (that was my job) - and we all mostly agreed on the shows that we would watch. If memory serves, the first night home was a Tuesday, so we got to watch RED SKELTON in color.

So when THE INVADERS premiered the following January, we were all ready to watch the series in color.

View attachment 162861
The whole "In Color" hype was tantamount to the amazed reactions, vieiws and comments on 4K!! Quinn Martin totally capitalised on it!! As did all the networks at the time ABC, NBC and CBS!!!

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Does anyone remember what production logo was used at the end of The Invaders during it's network run? CBS owns it now, but it wasn't a "Paramount" show in 1966-67, right?

84lion

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alan McKown
I was going to post this in the QM thread but decided to put it here. I have started ‘getting into’ this show in a big way. Just started season two. Good grief, it is REALLY good. OK, the music ain’t the greatest, but it gets the job done. Pretty good production values though (what I would expect from QM). Roy Thinnes is a handsome devil and handles his lead part quite well. The guest stars add a bunch of panache – Susanne Pleshette, Ed Asner, Burgess Meredith, Dabney Coleman (sans mustache), even Michael Rennie (as an alien), and a bunch of TV guest stars of the era (Antionette Bower plays an alien…and she did that in Star Trek too!). Special effects…well, perhaps the less said, the better. But still serviceable for the era.

I purchased the DVD set on Ebay and regretted it as it’s a bootleg. But, I do run the episodes through upscaling software in preparation for transfer to Plex, and the results are pretty doggone spectacular. For some reason, the early episodes are rather rough in picture quality while the later episodes look a lot better.

They seemed to have a thing for Ford/Mercury vehicles and of course with the years involved, all the cars have those stacked headlights common in the mid-1960s. Never cared for that automotive styling but it’s cool, it’s a “blast from the past.”

This show is just fantastic, you have to watch it to appreciate it. I would purchase a blu ray set if it was available, just to upgrade the picture. I doubt that will ever happen, though.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I was going to post this in the QM thread but decided to put it here. I have started ‘getting into’ this show in a big way. Just started season two. Good grief, it is REALLY good. OK, the music ain’t the greatest, but it gets the job done. Pretty good production values though (what I would expect from QM). Roy Thinnes is a handsome devil and handles his lead part quite well. The guest stars add a bunch of panache – Susanne Pleshette, Ed Asner, Burgess Meredith, Dabney Coleman (sans mustache), even Michael Rennie (as an alien), and a bunch of TV guest stars of the era (Antionette Bower plays an alien…and she did that in Star Trek too!). Special effects…well, perhaps the less said, the better. But still serviceable for the era.

I purchased the DVD set on Ebay and regretted it as it’s a bootleg. But, I do run the episodes through upscaling software in preparation for transfer to Plex, and the results are pretty doggone spectacular. For some reason, the early episodes are rather rough in picture quality while the later episodes look a lot better.

They seemed to have a thing for Ford/Mercury vehicles and of course with the years involved, all the cars have those stacked headlights common in the mid-1960s. Never cared for that automotive styling but it’s cool, it’s a “blast from the past.”

This show is just fantastic, you have to watch it to appreciate it. I would purchase a blu ray set if it was available, just to upgrade the picture. I doubt that will ever happen, though.
...bit it would be nice to have seasons 1&2 restored with the intros, like the dvd sets with Roy Thinnes. I'd Buy it in a NY Min!!
id buy that for a dollar GIF

Jay*W

Second Unit
Amazon (not a third-party seller) is selling the legit complete series set for $29.65:

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks