What's new

The HTF BIG BROTHER 8 Top Ten Challenge *** Patrick Sun Wins! *** (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Joseph S regains the lead with NYSandy now in second as we had a double-elimination week. Things are drawing to a close as we are now at the final four stage of the program.

And in a somewhat related "heads up" to the members who are "Top Ten Challenge" regulars - we are contemplating offering some sort of prize incentive for the upcoming Survivor:China Top Ten Challenge. I can tell you at this point that we have discussed this while out at CEDIA in Denver and it looks like we might be able put together an HD-DVD bundle of titles (or maybe a boxed set depending upon availability at the conclusion of Survivor 15 in several months) for the winner of that upcoming challenge. Of course, HTF staff would not be eligible (myself and Patrick most likely) but one of our members could have a bit more of a rooting interest in the upcoming challenge.

Stay tuned for more details. In the meantime, check out the thread for that contest and at least let us know if you intend to participate. While the thrill of victory should be its own reward, a prize is a nice bonus.

As the saying goes, "You have to be in it to win it."

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Down to the final three. NYSandy regains the lead by 1 point over Joseph S. Now it all comes down to which entry has people left and at which position. A quick look at the standings on the Excel spreadsheet seems to indicate that Joseph S is in the best position to win it all. Does anyone want to tackle the possibilities to see if this race is, in fact, officially over at this point?

In any event, it sure makes for an interesting contest and we hope to see more entries in the upcoming Survivor:China challenge. (There's even going to be a prize incentive for non-staff entrants.)

C'mon, math majors - tell us who's going to win this thing and why.

;)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It's almost over and at least one member, Patrick Sun (a perennial HTF Challenge winner!) is guaranteed a share of first place.

Right now, NYSandy and mike caronia are tied for first place but when the smoke clears and either Dick or Daniele wins here's what will happen:

If Dick Wins, then Patrick Sun and mike caronia will share first place.

If Daniele wins, then Patrick Sun will win outright.

And if the truly weird happens (doubtful) and Dick & Daniele share first place then Patrick Sun will still win outright.

See the first message in this thread for full details! Then get ready for the HTF Survivor:China Top Ten Challenge. See the thread on that for full details. This time there will be a prize for FIRST PLACE! (Sorry, Patrick: HTF Moderators and Staff are not eligible for the prize, but you can still compete to retain bragging rights).

:D

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I finished at 38 points! hahaha!

Wait, is that bad? I know I'm not going to win but... did I break 500? ;0

And, since I picked Dick at the #6 spot, I'll say there is gonna be a swerve and he'll take it!

Ryan

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Actually, RyanAn, you have 38 points with the final two spots yet to be determined. Once the smoke clears next week you will end up with 48 points which puts you in the same general area as me (47 points) no matter how you slice it. The winning score will be either 38 or 39 points once the show ends. This means that the winner was "off" by an average of a little under 4 points for every positional pick. But that also means that this "challenge" is a lot more difficult than the more limited contests of the past.

It will be interesting to see what happens in our next Top Ten Challenge - Survivor:China - starting in a couple of weeks. (See that thread for details).

mike caronia

Second Unit
This is funny...I wanted Dick to win in the beginning, but when Jen was HoH there was no way I thought he would survive and didn't put him in my list! Then I hated Dick by week 3...and now I need him to win!!

My first time watching Bib Brother and will say it's been a blast.
I logged way too many hours watching though... count me in for Survivor!

Thanks for keeping track RAF. Great job by a fellow Yankee fan! :)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The final results are in and we have a two-way tie for first! (In fact, 4 of our nine entrants were within one point of each other.) See message #1 of this thread for full results.

Congratulations to the winners, Patrick Sun and mike caronia.

On to the HTF Survivor:China Top 10 Challenge. The program starts this Thursday and entries are open one week later (or after we are down to 14 survivors). See the separate thread for full details.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Considering I had Dick gone by week 2 or 3 (not in my top 10 at all), how did I manage to tie with Mike? That's just crazy.

Congrats to all who played along as the race got tight for a stretch and then the final month busted it all wide open again.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Interesting comment, Patrick. Yes, by not having the winner in your top ten means that you would not be able to achieve a perfect ("0") score for Dick and whomever you had in first place would have to be off by at least 1 point. However, the positive side of all this is that Dick couldn't contribute any points at all to your final total if he wasn't in your top ten. I guess what I'm trying to say is that just because early in the game you might accumulate some points there is always the chance that your position becomes more powerful as the contest progresses. Or to put it another way, trailing at the start doesn't automatically cause you to be out of the race. It all comes down to which player is able to create a list that is most accurate in terms of final positions for the top ten. I'm not surprised at all that there was a tie. It's a most interesting type of contest with a lot of strategy involved (and a lot of picking luck).

I'm looking forward to the Survivor: China top 10 challenge. Too bad we (as HTF staff) will not be eligible for prizes. We are going to put together a package of some HD discs - or maybe a boxed set, depending on what's available when Survivor ends in a few months. More information to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks