What's new

The First Show to Get Bounced off my Season Pass ... (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
on My Tivo... And the Winner is...

Firefly

I have a few Shows on the Edge maybe next "Hack".
I found Firefly to be a campy uneasy Mix of the Western and Scifi Genre which no amount of colorful characters could save. Maybe I'd like it better if I was a Buffy Fan..but I doubt it. Is there a worseopening of any series this year? Ron Glass's Monotoned Delivery of theplot.. do I care? You want tosee an opening that grabs you look at Boomtown, very inventiveopening. The Actors on Firefly were'nt bad, I just have too many shows I'm trying to keep up with and Firefly had to go..

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.
You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. Personally I found the first two episodes so-so... not great, but with enough promise to keep me watching for a little while. I thought the third episode was great though, and that will definitely keep me watching for several more episodes

I'm not quite sure yet what I think of the western in space motif. In some ways I sort of like what they are doing with it, but in others it just seems hokey

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Firefly is one show staying on my tivo. Stuff i have deleted are

Push Nevada
He-man
Transformers

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I gave provisional Season Passes on my TiVo to 5 new shows.

The first to go was "American Dreams", which I found to be so horrendous I could barely make it through the pilot. I can't understand how this puerile show is getting any positive reviews at all.

The next to go will be "Push, Nevada", obviously, because it's been canceled. However, I will stick out the final 2 eps., as I was kinda getting into it.

"The Twilight Zone" has failed to grab me and will probably be gone soon (at least from my TiVo).

My two keepers: "Boomtown", easily the best new show out of the gate this season, and "Firefly", which boasts a bumper crop of interesting & likeable characters, and is already showing the potential to become something special.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, no Tivo, but the keepers for me are:
Boomtown
Robbery Homicide Division
The In-Laws
Carry overs
Monk
CSI : Las Vegas
ER
That comprises my network television viewing diet this season. I would like to catch The Practice, but it's gotten too silly to bother timeshifting over Boomtown. I'll keep giving CSI Miami a few more chances, but only because there really isn't any competition. Still, three is better than any new season in recent memory.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a couple of eps of Firefly on the Tivo to watch, but if it doesn't improve significantly over the first, it's probably toast. But there's much less urgency to get rid of anything since I added a second 80 gig drive. :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well Hack is Definately next up to the plate,I Have last nights Ep I need to decide to watch I'mleaning toward not. And Actually Pat I screwed up. I Forgot the Real 1st show I gave an Axe to (After the 1st Ep) was the New Twilight Zone. That mainly went because (Well Beside it was Horrible) because I know Birds of Prey was coming at the same time a few weeks from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks