What's new

The Complete Rankin/Bass Christmas Collection (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Universal recently released this on DVD (). I assume this may reflect licensing changes as I think I had most of these previously scattered over several labels. I don't think that there is anything new here, but I am excited about the title. I'd love to see subsequent Rankin Bass collections that released some of their nonChristmas specials or other productions. We might finally get some new material or titles not released since the days of VHS.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
If this was a blu ray release I would purchase it instantly but since I have all of these on DVD and a few on blu ray I don't need this. But good for those that never bought the DVD's that have been out for 10 years or more.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Since Kino has already released The Daydreamer on Blu-ray and DVD on 5/18/21 (which was previously released on DVD by Anchor Bay on 5/13/08 and Lionsgate on 3/10/12), I would love to see Universal release Willy McBean and His Magic Magic Machine (which only received a VHS release by MNTEX Entertainment on 10/2/05) and The Wacky World of Mother Goose (which was released on DVD and VHS by Anchor Bay on 3/4/03) on at least DVD, if not DVD and Blu-ray, and in their correct aspect ratios.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Is The Complete Rankin/Bass Christmas Collection DVD set OOP? I emailed Universal Home Entertainment and they said they have it in stock, yet none of the major online retailers have it in stock (Amazon recenlty flipped from "We are working hard to get this back in stock" to "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock") and the price on Ebay is rising precipitously!

Does anybody know its status?

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
It's been unavailable on Amazon and Deep Discount since before Christmas, so I suspect it's out of production.

Hopefully there's a reprinting for next Christmas.
Thanks for the response, Leo.I had a suspicion it had gone out of print. Hopefully since the first release sold out so fast, Universal will reprint it for a second run during the Christmas season 2023! I really want to have this set in my collection but refuse to pay the ransom demanded by sellers on Ebay.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I have the individual DVD's of Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus Is Comin To Town, and The Year Without A Santa Claus. The Rudolph DVD includes the Fame And Fortune song as a bonus feature.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
On the new Rudolph 4K, when Santa is taking off from the Island of Misfit Toys, the shot ends earlier than it used to. I wonder if this is correct.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I saw this set was starting to get hard to find online. I saw a lone copy at my local Wal-Mart and scooped it up immediately. Glad I did!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks