What's new

Pre-Order The Bride Wore Black (1968) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
719v8xRzFFL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Looks like the bride is very popular lately. Besides the upcoming Kino release Radiance Films from the UK will also release the film on Blu-ray on May 15th. Below are the extras which are different from what is on the Kino and Twilight Time discs. I already have the Twilight Time release so will skip the Kino but might buy this one.

• High-Definition digital transfer
  • Original uncompressed French mono PCM audio
  • Archival interviews with François Truffaut and Jeanne Moreau (1968, 1969)
  • Appreciation by filmmaker Kent Jones (Hitchcock/Truffaut) (2023)
  • Barry Forshaw on Cornell Woolrich and the adaptation (2023)
  • Original trailer
  • Les surmenes (Jacques Doniol-Valcroze, 1957, 21 mins) - an early short written by Truffaut and starring Jean-Claude Brialy
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Reversible sleeve featuring designs based on original posters
  • Limited edition booklet featuring new writing on the film by Emmanuel Burdeau, archival writing by Truffaut and Moreau, and a contemporary article on the film by Penelope Houston
  • Limited edition of 3000 copies, presented in full-height Scanavo packaging with removable OBI strip leaving packaging free of certificates and markings

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I don't own this but will probably buy the UK release, good package.
Yeah, great extras but I already have the TT, which is very likely the same master. And that does have the isolated score, which this doesn't. It was the first Truffaut I ever saw, at the Rialto, an art house next to Erasmus Hall on Flatbush Avenue, though I had already bought the Hitchcock book. Though at the time Truffaut said it was his tribute to Hitch, it's really pure Truffaut.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
There is a review of the UK Radiance Films Blu-ray release and it looks like it's the same transfer as used in both the Kino and Twilight Time discs. Some nice extras on the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks